Marketing Decision Science Sr. Manager
Posted on Jun 8 Northbrook, IL 201 views
You’ll do all this in an environment of excellence and the highest ethical standards – a place where values such as integrity, inclusive diversity and accountability are paramount. We empower every employee to lead, drive change and give back where they work and live. Our people are our greatest strength, and we work as one team in service of our customers and communities.
Everything we do at Allstate is driven by a shared purpose: to protect people from life’s uncertainties so they can realize their hopes and dreams. For more than 89 years we’ve thrived by staying a step ahead of whatever’s coming next – to give customers peace of mind no matter what changes they face. We acted with conviction to advocate for seat belts, air bags and graduated driving laws. We help give survivors of domestic violence a voice through financial empowerment. We’ve been an industry leader in pricing sophistication, telematics, digital photo claims and, more recently, device and identity protection. We are the Good Hands. We don’t follow the trends. We set them.
The Marketing Decision Science team drives data-driven strategy and decision-making across lead-generating programs through machine learning, advanced analytics, testing, and optimization. This team develops data-driven solutions for optimal lead purchasing and lead routing across our main lead-generating programs such as lead aggregator click, call, and search engine campaigns. Our analytics solutions are rooted in the Enterprise Lifetime Value strategy and production growth goals. To do so, we partner with the performance media and lead management teams to ensure leads are purchased efficiently and routed to the appropriate sales channel based on consumer preferences.
As a Marketing Decision Science Senior Manager, you will drive the strategy, vision, goals, and objectives for Allstate’s lead programs. You will translate advanced data science into marketing strategies to ensure a target return on investment while maintaining growth goals. To manage the optimization of these programs, you understand the nuances in auction-based bidding and have the ability to design test initiatives to improve the efficiencies of these programs. You will continuously develop and lead a team of data scientists, analytics engineers, and analysts. Your team will be responsible for standardizing the data assets from partners, developing predictive and prescriptive models to determine optimal bid price, and report performance and learnings to leadership. To thrive in this role, you will be analytical and creative, resourceful, and most importantly, data driven.
Develops and builds alignment around machine learning/predictive modeling, optimization strategies
- Builds & evolves vision and strategy of using machine learning/predictive modeling, optimization and data
- Builds alignment for vision and strategy of using machine learning/predictive modeling, optimization and data with business partners, fostering relationships and engaging resources across departments
- Leads efforts for continuous improvements with data, tools, methodology and processes
- Advances machine learning/predictive modeling, optimization development within the department
- Serves as subject matter expert and consultant on product related issues inside and outside the department
Develops, leads, and continually optimizes portfolio of projects to execute on pricing sophistication strategies
- Translates vision and strategies into roadmaps and projects
- Leads multiple, complex analytical and modeling projects with many team members
- Ensures projects are managed according to overall plan managing scope, mitigating risks and solving for project risks.
- Effectively understands the business problems, requirements, and context in communicating findings to ensure models are well understood and incorporated into business processes
Leads managers and builds and develops team dedicated to executing acquisition sophistication strategies
- Leads managers and who are responsible for work that needs to be performed and/or their direct reports
- Directs, supports and executes talent management developing bench strength for modeling teams from analysts to project managers to new managers
- Identifies skill gaps and devises training plans with managers to develop new talent in focus area
- Coaches, mentors and influences others to accomplish departmental goals
- Actively seeks to connect resources across departments to share expertise educating teams on initiatives, strategy and models
- Works to maintaining a friendly and collaborative work environment
- A degree of any level in quantitative field such as mathematics, physics, or computer science
- Proven experience leading data science team and leading cross-functional projects
- Proven experience applying data science projects within marketing
- Proven ability to manage a highly technical team with the ability to oversee machine learning/predictive modeling and optimization projects
- Proven knowledge of advanced techniques such as machine learning algorithms/decision trees
- Ability to train, develop, and teach technical team members (data scientist, analytics engineers, analysts)
- Ability to design in-market tests to understand causal impact
- Proven ability to interpret and communicate complex concepts
- Technical knowledge of digital advertising, marketing technology, and applying data science to auction-based bidding
The salary range for this role is $120,000 - $165,000. Offers will be commensurate with experience.
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary – but that’s just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you’ll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy. For a full description of Allstate’s benefits, visit allstate.jobs/benefits/
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click “here” for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click “here” for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
To view the “EEO is the Law” poster click “here”. This poster provides information concerning the laws and procedures for filing complaints of violations of the laws with the Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs
To view the FMLA poster, click “here”. This poster summarizing the major provisions of the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) and telling employees how to file a complaint.
It is the Company’s policy to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs. Therefore, any discriminatory action taken on account of an employee’s ancestry, age, color, disability, genetic information, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual and reproductive health decision, marital status, medical condition, military or veteran status, national origin, race (include traits historically associated with race, including, but not limited to, hair texture and protective hairstyles), religion (including religious dress), sex, or sexual orientation that adversely affects an employee's terms or conditions of employment is prohibited. This policy applies to all aspects of the employment relationship, including, but not limited to, hiring, training, salary administration, promotion, job assignment, benefits, discipline, and separation of employment.