Operational Efficiency Analyst - Claims
Posted on Jun 8 Jacksonville, FL 129 views
You’ll do all this in an environment of excellence and the highest ethical standards – a place where values such as integrity, inclusive diversity and accountability are paramount. We empower every employee to lead, drive change and give back where they work and live. Our people are our greatest strength, and we work as one team in service of our customers and communities.
Everything we do at Allstate is driven by a shared purpose: to protect people from life’s uncertainties so they can realize their hopes and dreams. For more than 89 years we’ve thrived by staying a step ahead of whatever’s coming next – to give customers peace of mind no matter what changes they face. We acted with conviction to advocate for seat belts, air bags and graduated driving laws. We help give survivors of domestic violence a voice through financial empowerment. We’ve been an industry leader in pricing sophistication, telematics, digital photo claims and, more recently, device and identity protection. We are the Good Hands. We don’t follow the trends. We set them.
Data Analytics is the foundation for data-driven decision making at Allstate Benefits. This team works across the organization to manage the analysis, modeling, and strategy of data at Allstate Benefits. By partnering with different business areas, this team can identify growth opportunities, improve profitability, and provide transparency by using data and analysis to solve business problems.
The Data & Analytics-Consultant II is responsible for supporting data analytics initiatives in order to generate business value and and provide quantitative support for management and business decisions. The Consultant II combines business knowledge, technical skills, and quantitative ability in order to identify and resolve complex problems. Manipulation of data, exploratory data analysis, running and evaluation of models, and development of advanced reporting are all tasks that would be part of daily responsibilities of the Consultant II.
- Extracts and transforms data from different areas to be used for modeling and reporting
- Analyzes data in order to derive insight and find actionable initiatives
- Use predictive modeling techniques to enhanced business understanding and drive decision making
- Provides reporting support to various business units in the organization
- Bachelor’s degree required in mathematics, statistics, computer science, or similar discipline
- 0-2 years of business experience and/or data management experience
- Possesses strong quantitative and analytical skills
- Ability to work with, explore, and analyze large volumes of data
- Ability to synthesize large amounts of complex data into meaningful conclusions and recommendations
- Strong ability to manage multiple priorities given aggressive timelines; comfortable performing in a fast paced, dynamic and ambiguous business environment; manage both internal and external resources
- Uses sound decision making capabilities including problem solving approaches, decision frameworks; ability to support complex analysis
- Ability to structure documents to effectively communicate with senior management and drive alignment and decision making
- Ability to quickly master and utilize various software tools
- Strong technical skillset required, including Microsoft Excel, R, SAS, SQL
- Programming experience is a plus
Compensation range for this position is $51,00.00 - $60,000.00 per year, based on experience and qualifications
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary – but that’s just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you’ll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy. For a full description of Allstate’s benefits, visit allstate.jobs/benefits/
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click “here” for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click “here” for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
To view the “EEO is the Law” poster click “here”. This poster provides information concerning the laws and procedures for filing complaints of violations of the laws with the Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs
To view the FMLA poster, click “here”. This poster summarizing the major provisions of the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) and telling employees how to file a complaint.
It is the Company’s policy to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs. Therefore, any discriminatory action taken on account of an employee’s ancestry, age, color, disability, genetic information, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual and reproductive health decision, marital status, medical condition, military or veteran status, national origin, race (include traits historically associated with race, including, but not limited to, hair texture and protective hairstyles), religion (including religious dress), sex, or sexual orientation that adversely affects an employee's terms or conditions of employment is prohibited. This policy applies to all aspects of the employment relationship, including, but not limited to, hiring, training, salary administration, promotion, job assignment, benefits, discipline, and separation of employment.