Executive Administrative Assistant - Chicago
Posted on Jun 8 Northbrook, IL 125 views
You’ll do all this in an environment of excellence and the highest ethical standards – a place where values such as integrity, inclusive diversity and accountability are paramount. We empower every employee to lead, drive change and give back where they work and live. Our people are our greatest strength, and we work as one team in service of our customers and communities.
Everything we do at Allstate is driven by a shared purpose: to protect people from life’s uncertainties so they can realize their hopes and dreams. For more than 89 years we’ve thrived by staying a step ahead of whatever’s coming next – to give customers peace of mind no matter what changes they face. We acted with conviction to advocate for seat belts, air bags and graduated driving laws. We help give survivors of domestic violence a voice through financial empowerment. We’ve been an industry leader in pricing sophistication, telematics, digital photo claims and, more recently, device and identity protection. We are the Good Hands. We don’t follow the trends. We set them.
Provide comprehensive and diversified administrative support to the Vice President of Talent Acquisition, TA leadership, and broader organization by applying in-depth knowledge of department policy and organization.
- Design and format reports, forms, correspondence, utilizing the firm’s standard and highest possible quality orientation. Create, format, type, edit, proof, and finalize reports and presentations with great attention to detail using extensive experience with Microsoft Excel, Word (including Mail Merger) and PowerPoint.
- Coordinate and maintain appointment schedules and calendar. Proactively take responsibility for calendar management utilizing good judgment and initiative.
- Open, sort, review and organize incoming/outgoing mail and correspondence. Independently draft/compose routine letters and general correspondence (including e-mail) from verbal direction or from knowledge of processes and procedures.
- Work on a variety of special projects as needed with multi-tasking as necessary. Ability to take initiative, use good judgment, understand deadlines and carry multiple projects through to completion with an ability to work independently under general direction, prioritize work and ask for further clarification when necessary.
- Prepare complex and confidential letters, technical memorandums and reports for professional and managerial staff review and action.
- Work with junior and senior level technical staff, intercompany group leaders and office leaders as well as area and corporate management to make certain their needs are addressed in a timely, professional manner.
- Works autonomously to manage projects and maintain communication with interested parties.
- Provides complex screening, fielding, prioritizing of inbound communications via telephone, mail, and e-mail to resolve critical issues in a timely manner.
- Coordinate arrangements for internal/external meetings, conference calls; compile and disseminate materials for meetings and calls as required.
- Prepare and schedule activities such as travel arrangements, internal and external business meetings, client or third-party appointments, conferences and general office events, including scheduling of conference room use and catering needs.
- Monitoring expenses for the office with a responsibility to budget adherence; review and coordinate approval of all expenses including processing accounts payable invoices.
- Knowledge of major department/business unit functions
- Advanced command of Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Excellent written, verbal and listening communication skills using pleasant interpersonal skills
- High level of accuracy, attention to detail and ability to proof one's own work as well as the work of others
- Able to assess work load and re-prioritize as needed, handling multiple task under tight deadlines
- Maintains an advanced degree of confidentiality and sense of urgency
- Ability to work under pressure as well as the ability to deal with interruptions and other unexpected events and make necessary adjustments
- Ability to influence and persuade various internal and external constituents to drive projects to completion
- Ability to interact with all levels of management and staff
- Typically has 7-10 years of prior experience supporting a large team or executive
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary – but that’s just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you’ll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy. For a full description of Allstate’s benefits, visit allstate.jobs/benefits/
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click “here” for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click “here” for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
To view the “EEO is the Law” poster click “here”. This poster provides information concerning the laws and procedures for filing complaints of violations of the laws with the Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs
To view the FMLA poster, click “here”. This poster summarizing the major provisions of the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) and telling employees how to file a complaint.
It is the Company’s policy to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs. Therefore, any discriminatory action taken on account of an employee’s ancestry, age, color, disability, genetic information, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual and reproductive health decision, marital status, medical condition, military or veteran status, national origin, race (include traits historically associated with race, including, but not limited to, hair texture and protective hairstyles), religion (including religious dress), sex, or sexual orientation that adversely affects an employee's terms or conditions of employment is prohibited. This policy applies to all aspects of the employment relationship, including, but not limited to, hiring, training, salary administration, promotion, job assignment, benefits, discipline, and separation of employment.