Data Analytics Consultant
Posted on Jun 9 Northbrook, IL 293 views
You’ll do all this in an environment of excellence and the highest ethical standards – a place where values such as integrity, inclusive diversity and accountability are paramount. We empower every employee to lead, drive change and give back where they work and live. Our people are our greatest strength, and we work as one team in service of our customers and communities.
Everything we do at Allstate is driven by a shared purpose: to protect people from life’s uncertainties so they can realize their hopes and dreams. For more than 89 years we’ve thrived by staying a step ahead of whatever’s coming next – to give customers peace of mind no matter what changes they face. We acted with conviction to advocate for seat belts, air bags and graduated driving laws. We help give survivors of domestic violence a voice through financial empowerment. We’ve been an industry leader in pricing sophistication, telematics, digital photo claims and, more recently, device and identity protection. We are the Good Hands. We don’t follow the trends. We set them.
The Data Analytics job family is responsible for collaborating with clients to make objective customer-focused and data-driven decisions by providing analytical insight, actionable data and recommendations. They are also responsible for projects, providing analytics support, and serving in a consultant role across Operations.
The Consultant I is responsible for breaking down business problems (i.e. key drivers for trends such as volume increases, low cycle times, decreases in quality, etc.) into structured analysis by assessing the requirements and/or business impact to arrive at recommended solutions in operational analytics. With limited guidance, the consultant will independently provide an understanding of data to produce insights and actionable recommendations to Operations business partners/leaders in the form of analytic projects, striving to positively impact and influence operational efficiencies and business decisions. The consultant will have a passion for problem solving, comfort with ambiguity and the ability to think conceptually, analytically and creatively.
- Coordinates projects and program execution.
- Develops and implement analytical and/or statistical methodologies for evaluating Operations processes, business problems, and/or ROI of products and services.
- Assists in identifying actionable insights and recommendations to influence the direction of the business by effectively communicating results across functional groups.
- Assists in developing analytics “story” and visual presentation strategies to ensure data is conveyed in meaningful and interpretive formats for all audience levels.
- Analyzes structured and unstructured data from a number of sources to identify drivers
- Provides recommendations and forecasts operational volume for work conditions and staffing models
- Reviews results, identifies variances to planned performance, analyzes causes of variance and make actionable recommendations to frontline leaders
- Performs data analysis and evaluates trend analysis using statistical methods
- Identifies data elements needed to support business objectives and improve programs.
- Integrates technical knowledge with business processes and functions
- Presents insights and findings on major projects to senior leadership. Effectively communicates logic and technical processes supporting the analytic solutions.
- Bachelors degree in a quantitative discipline (applied mathematics, statistics, computer science, operations research or related field) and 2-4 years of related experience
- Knowledge of project management and process modeling (PMBOK, waterfall, agile, BPM, Lean). Coordinates projects and program execution.
- Knowledge of statistical analysis software (R/SAS/SPSS)
- Experience (6 months - 1yr) with conducting descriptive statistics and exploratory data analysis (univariate, bivariate, distribution, correlation, histogram, scatter, box plots, trend lines, text mining)
- Intermediate level skill in Microsoft Excel (ex. sum function, charts, sorting, filters)
- Knowledge of data management and data visualization software (Business Objects, Tableau, SQL)
- Knowledge with relational databases and data warehouses (Oracle, Teradata)
- Strong communication skills and the ability to simplify complex technical ideas
- Intermediate time management skills including ability to handle multiple projects, prioritize and organize
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary – but that’s just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you’ll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy. For a full description of Allstate’s benefits, visit allstate.jobs/benefits/
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click “here” for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click “here” for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
To view the “EEO is the Law” poster click “here”. This poster provides information concerning the laws and procedures for filing complaints of violations of the laws with the Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs
To view the FMLA poster, click “here”. This poster summarizing the major provisions of the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) and telling employees how to file a complaint.
It is the Company’s policy to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs. Therefore, any discriminatory action taken on account of an employee’s ancestry, age, color, disability, genetic information, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual and reproductive health decision, marital status, medical condition, military or veteran status, national origin, race (include traits historically associated with race, including, but not limited to, hair texture and protective hairstyles), religion (including religious dress), sex, or sexual orientation that adversely affects an employee's terms or conditions of employment is prohibited. This policy applies to all aspects of the employment relationship, including, but not limited to, hiring, training, salary administration, promotion, job assignment, benefits, discipline, and separation of employment.