The Travelers Companies, Inc.
Customer Digital Capabilities Strategy Lead
Posted on Jun 9 Hartford, CT 132 views
Taking care of our customers, our communities and each other. That’s the Travelers Promise. By honoring this commitment, we have maintained our reputation as one of the best property casualty insurers in the industry for over 160 years. Join us to discover a culture that is rooted in innovation and thrives on collaboration. Imagine loving what you do and where you do it.
Job Description Summary
Through partnership and collaboration with Business partners, the Business Delivery Office, Architecture, and Engineering teams, the Technology Strategy Lead drives the creation of a strategic vision to how technology can enable and support our business strategies. Maintains knowledge of evolving industry trends in technology strategy and management, educating other leaders and applying them to develop innovative approaches to deliver value for the organization. The Technology Strategy Lead applies the strategy through ongoing partnership with technology teams from design through implementation. Those accountable for a main strategy are also accountable for leadership and alignment to any sub strategies.
Primary Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Interact with business and technology leadership to assist in establishing and implementing a vision/roadmap to address present business needs and support future growth
- Collaborate with senior leadership to understand business needs, ensuring alignment of technology solution to overall business outcomes
- In partnership with Architecture strategy lead, conduct solution presentations, demonstrating how proposed software solutions will achieve business outcomes
- Work closely with Architecture and Engineering to understand technology roadmap, enterprise strategies, ensuring alignment and sequencing in support of our business strategies
- Identify and evaluate operational impacts stemming from proposed technology solutions
- Works with the strategy team to define new epics
- Implement technology strategy/capability and accountable for supporting application of the strategy and roadmap for achieving the strategy, vision and business outcomes; articulate the Circle / Team of Teams vision and strategy effectively to teams and stakeholders; stewardship of technical assets to ensure stability, availability, scalability and maintainability.
- Partner with business Circle Lead to effectively plan and deliver technical solutions that support business outcomes.
- Support the prioritization of team technology backlogs, addressing risks and dependencies within the circle to defined outcomes and ensuring overall alignment with technology and business strategy; support trade-off decisions to balance quality, cost, and timelines to maximize value; utilize and adhere to technology standards.
- Identify innovative solutions both internally and in the external marketplace; ensure competitive and industry benchmarking of critical technical knowledge and capabilities.
- Build and foster collaborative relationships across other Circles and with key partners (e. g. technology architects.
- Five years of technology experience.
- Two years of people leadership/ management experience.
Education, Work Experience, & Knowledge
- Five years of experience in an agile/execution leadership role delivering technology solutions on a demanding schedule.
- Three years of people leadership/ management experience.
- Strong technical skills and a deep strategic mindset.
- Proven analytical skills and experience making decisions based on hard and soft data.
- Strong knowledge of the Line of Business with the ability to develop and leverage business and/or vendor partnerships, consult on business priorities, and optimize value through solution identification aligned with business objectives.
Job Specific Technical Skills & Competencies
- Agile Mindset: Embody Agile core values of openness, courage, respect, focus, and commitment. Infuse Agile principles, practices and methodologies to achieve team success.
- Product Mindset: Focus on defining a product value proposition that aligns with and supports the circle/value stream objectives and which is the north star for the Circle.
- Change Agent: Expert change leadership skills including the ability to create an inclusive environment, manage conflict and develop solutions to mitigate risk.
- Influence: Ability to influence behaviors of leaders at all levels and without traditional hierarchy.
- Servant Leadership: Foster an environment where individuals thrive as empowered and equal members of a team.
- Communication: Ability to communicate thoughts, concepts, practices effectively at all levels, adjusting as needed to a target audience.
- Collaboration: Expertise working with others in a cross-functional multi-team environment.
- Continuous Improvement: Demonstrate a commitment to continually improve, share learning with others and encourage team development.
Travelers is an equal opportunity employer. We value the unique abilities and talents each individual brings to our organization and recognize that we benefit in numerous ways from our differences.
If you are a candidate and have specific questions regarding the physical requirements of this role, please send us an email so we may assist you.
Travelers reserves the right to fill this position at a level above or below the level included in this posting.