The Travelers Companies, Inc.
Manager, Internal Communications
Posted on Jun 9 Hartford, CT 146 views
Taking care of our customers, our communities and each other. That’s the Travelers Promise. By honoring this commitment, we have maintained our reputation as one of the best property casualty insurers in the industry for over 160 years. Join us to discover a culture that is rooted in innovation and thrives on collaboration. Imagine loving what you do and where you do it.
Job Description Summary
The Manager, Internal Communications is responsible for creating internal strategic communications plans in support of business initiatives. This position will work closely with business, function, and initiative leaders to implement internal communications that enhance and support business objectives and reinforce Travelers culture and character.
Primary Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Manage content development for the team, including but not limited to setting/maintaining the PI inside editorial calendar, writing internal articles and organizational announcements.
- Play an active role in the quality control process, collaborate with and provide council to PI Communications and its partners across the business.
- Help develop and drive timely, consistent, on-brand messaging that connects PI, its leaders, its employees and the place to the business strategy and cultural beliefs.
- Drive development and implementation of moderately complex internal communications that directly advance business objectives and priorities while reinforcing Travelers culture and character.
- Advise business leaders and initiative teams on communications objectives, strategy, and content for a variety of internal audiences at all levels.
- Counsel leadership on communications approach and employee engagement.
- Integrate strategic business key messages into internal communications.
- Demonstrate a general understanding of business strategies and build them into communications approaches and materials.
- Utilize communications expertise to ensure successful implementation of internal communications.
- Manages delivery of communications across internal audiences, partnering with content and channel owners to ensure a comprehensive and integrated approach.
- Adhere to communications adhere to internal communications best practices and recommend changes to practices,
- Create and deliver internal communications plans using a variety of vehicles and channels for maximum effectiveness and efficiency.
- Adhere to and ensure that others follow enterprise approval processes, templates and brand guidelines in the development of internal communications materials.
- Measure effectiveness of assigned internal communications through qualitative and quantitative methods. May recommend changes.
- Mentor and manages team members and shares expertise.
- Bachelor's degree in in English, journalism, communications or writing or minimum of 4 years of related communications experience.
- Minimum of 2 years leadership experience.
Education, Work Experience, & Knowledge
- Typically 5-7 years of experience in communications or a related field.
- General knowledge contemporary communications techniques.
- General knowledge understanding of appropriate methods and techniques for communicating with multiple audiences.
Job Specific Technical Skills & Competencies
- Strong interpersonal skills, including ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing.
- Intermediate presentation skills
- Intermediate project management skills, with ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously, within tight timeframes.
- Intermediate writing and editing skills.
- Intermediate problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work effectively both individually and as a member of a team (on team assignments).
- Intermediate ability to think strategically.
- Demonstrates a broad enterprise perspective and understanding of how initiatives fit into the organization.
- Basic Leadership Skills, including ability to:
-Coach and develop employees
-Manage in participative manner.
-Manage change effectively.
-Inspire others and promote a vision.
-Align resources to accomplish key objectives.
Travelers is an equal opportunity employer. We value the unique abilities and talents each individual brings to our organization and recognize that we benefit in numerous ways from our differences.
If you are a candidate and have specific questions regarding the physical requirements of this role, please send us an email so we may assist you.
Travelers reserves the right to fill this position at a level above or below the level included in this posting.