Willis Towers Watson
Associate - Communication and Change Management
Posted on Jun 9 Boston, MA 177 views
We have the unique ability to use insights to drive impact. That means we ground everything we do in a deep understanding of what people care about – what makes them tick, what’s inhibiting change, what really matters. And we use that to fuel their EX, shaping high-value, high-impact people solutions – and delivering them in a way that sparks behavior change and drives business results.
Our people come from diverse backgrounds and bring a range of skills and capabilities – we’re insights masters, change catalysts, storytellers, culture shapers, org strategists, digital champions and more. We know the power of bringing these capabilities and our offerings together to help architect high-impact solutions for our clients’ most complex challenges.
As Associate within our Communications and Change Management practice, you will work as both a project manager and a key contributor to develop and execute measurable, results-based strategies and related deliverables that support changes and drive behaviors throughout the Employee Experience. You will be responsible for drawing on your imagination, creativity and exceptional writing skills, as well as your ability to analyze information, develop conclusions and present content through clear, well-written communication in a variety of media formats.
As an Associate, you will collaborate on cross-functional teams to plan, organize, and successfully deliver on client engagements while ensuring these projects are on time, on budget, and within scope. To be effective in this role, you will need strong business acumen along with confidence to interact with more senior colleagues and key client contacts.
Comfort navigating ambiguity and uncertainty, organized thinking and communication skills, and a willingness to engage in both strategic design and tactical implementation are also critical to success in this position. You will learn to connect solutions across our EX portfolio – including employee insights (listening/surveys, assessments), strategy and change management, behavior change, communications and employee experience software (Embark).
Key attributes of the role include:
- Partner with senior colleagues to architect, present and implement custom communication and change management strategies and programs for a broad range of solutions across the Employee Experience portfolio
- Specific projects may include; developing materials to drive employee behavior change, address important organizational imperatives such as employee wellbeing, communicate client changes as they occur in areas such as returning work and the Total Reward proposition, helping to implement employee experience technology, and developing strategies to manage organizational change (for example in M&A situations)
- Develop insights related to change management risks and impacts, and communicate those insights clearly and succinctly
- Translate complex concepts into compelling and engaging communications across various media, including print and digital, with an eye towards cutting-edge solutions and data integration
- Contribute to building a trusted advisor status with key client contacts, with a focus on consultative interaction
- Effectively present client deliverables at low- or mid-level client meetings with and without senior support
- Develop technical knowledge and skills across a variety of industries and human capital areas
- Contribute superior work product and consistent project management for assigned projects and follow professional excellence standards
- Act as liaison with internal support staff and the client to ensure data and materials are transmitted accurately, deadlines are clear, meetings are scheduled, and communication is consistent
- Contribute to new business development by drafting statements of work, project plans and budgets
- Contribute to the development of intellectual capital, new tools and approaches
Note that visa employment-based non-immigrant visa sponsorship and/or assistance is not offered for this specific job opportunity.
- 2-4 years communication or marketing experience. Consulting experience is preferred; experience working for traditional HR consulting firms or benefit brokerage firms is a plus
- Knowledge of current communication and change management trends, marketing and technology (digital and social media), and proven ability to apply that knowledge to client-focused solutions
- Experience working with graphic designers to craft the “look and feel” of communication across media
- A professional presence with strong written, web and oral communication skills, demonstrating creativity and technical expertise
- Ability to manage competing priorities and carry out well-defined assignments according to established guidelines with little to no supervision
- Ability to recognize and diagnose issues, work in teams, and leverage the resources of other related practices to address client challenges
- Ability to draw conclusions from data in a logical, systematic way
- Strong project management, analytical, and interpersonal skills
- Understanding of agile principles and design thinking
- Availability to travel on an as-needed basis
- Bachelor’s degree (advanced degrees preferable) in liberal arts, graphic design, business or technology
EOE, including disability/vets