Security Full-Stack Application Developer (Remote-Home Based Worker)
Posted on Jun 10 Northbrook, IL 155 views
You’ll do all this in an environment of excellence and the highest ethical standards – a place where values such as integrity, inclusive diversity and accountability are paramount. We empower every employee to lead, drive change and give back where they work and live. Our people are our greatest strength, and we work as one team in service of our customers and communities.
Everything we do at Allstate is driven by a shared purpose: to protect people from life’s uncertainties so they can realize their hopes and dreams. For 89 years we’ve thrived by staying a step ahead of whatever’s coming next – to give customers peace of mind no matter what changes they face. We acted with conviction to advocate for seat belts, air bags and graduated driving laws. We help give survivors of domestic violence a voice through financial empowerment. We’ve been an industry leader in pricing sophistication, telematics, digital photo claims and, more recently, device and identity protection. We are the Good Hands. We don’t follow the trends. We set them.
**We are open to applicants in the following markets to work from our Allstate strategic local offices: Charlotte, NC; Dallas / Fort Worth, TX; Phoenix, AZ. Strong qualified individuals in other US geographic markets will be given consideration as potential remote / home-based professionals.**
As a Security Application Developer, you are the arms and legs of the app dev capability within our Global Security Fusion Center (GSFC). All applications maintained by and on behalf of the GSFC are developed and deployed by our skilled full-stack application developers. As part of development activities, our Application Developers partner with our expert analysis, operations, and response teams to develop and integrate applications into GSFC operations and monitoring regimes in order to fulfill security compliance and assurance objectives.
The Security Application Developer reports to the Manager of GSFC Lifecycle Management & Automation with the guidance of the LM&A App Dev Product Manager.
- Partner with product owners and customers to identify user stories (requirements)
- Design applications to accomplish the desired goals
- Write tests that ensure the desired functionality
- Develop high quality code that makes all the tests pass and provides all desired capabilities to customers / stakeholders
- Deliver software solutions to customers following GSFC release management process
- Perform regular technology demonstrations with customers, peers, and product owners to exhibit progress and capture calibration and feedback on product quality and fitness for purpose
- Build strong partnerships with upstream and downstream technical teams as well as aligned functions in aligned technology delivery areas
- Perform intermediate level (mostly web) development involving various languages and platforms
- Create and use CI/CD integrations including code management system and build / deploy pipelines to on-prem and cloud hosting platforms
- Prepare and continuously maintain documentation, including technical processes and procedures necessary to operationally support developed applications
- Partner with security operations teams to analyze and validate threat cases and design controls
- Track and drive to completion all deliverables assigned
- Other duties as assigned
- Secure coding principles
- Power user level knowledge of Windows and Linux server environments
- Experience with Virtualization (i.e. VMWare) and containerization (i.e. Docker or Podman)
- Experience writing and working with build tools (i.e Gradle or Maven)
- Experience with one or more DevOps platforms or technologies (i.e. Jenkins, Puppet, Ansible, Terraform)
- Experience with software version control technologies (i.e. Github, Gitlab)
- Passion for constant self-improvement and learning
- Intermediate level analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to participate in cross-functional teams including offsite, remote, and offshore peers/leaders
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Security, MIS, etc. preferred
- Knowledge and experience in software design patterns
- Familiarity with industry standard best practices for information security and cybersecurity operations is a plus
- Working knowledge to leverage available cryptography libs
- Working knowledge to leverage Single-Sign On technologies, OAuth 2.0, OpenID Connect, SAML, JWT, etc.
- Experience in a security related discipline: administration, threat intel, vulnerability management, penetration testing, incident handling, etc.
- Oracle Certified Associate (OCA) - Java and/or Security related certifications are a plus
- Knowledge and experience with Cloud platforms (AWS, Azure) in a development capacity
- Knowledge and experience with container orchestration platforms (i.e. Kubernetes)
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary – but that’s just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you’ll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click “here” for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click “here” for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
To view the “EEO is the Law” poster click “here”. This poster provides information concerning the laws and procedures for filing complaints of violations of the laws with the Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs
To view the FMLA poster, click “here”. This poster summarizing the major provisions of the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) and telling employees how to file a complaint.
It is the Company’s policy to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs. Therefore, any discriminatory action taken on account of an employee’s ancestry, age, color, disability, genetic information, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual and reproductive health decision, marital status, medical condition, military or veteran status, national origin, race (include traits historically associated with race, including, but not limited to, hair texture and protective hairstyles), religion (including religious dress), sex, or sexual orientation that adversely affects an employee's terms or conditions of employment is prohibited. This policy applies to all aspects of the employment relationship, including, but not limited to, hiring, training, salary administration, promotion, job assignment, benefits, discipline, and separation of employment.