The Travelers Companies, Inc.
Auto Blend Claim Representative II
Posted on Jun 10 Charlotte, NC 192 views
Taking care of our customers, our communities and each other. That’s the Travelers Promise. By honoring this commitment, we have maintained our reputation as one of the best property casualty insurers in the industry for over 160 years. Join us to discover a culture that is rooted in innovation and thrives on collaboration. Imagine loving what you do and where you do it.
Job Description Summary
This position is responsible for handling moderate to complex Personal and Business Insurance Auto Damage claims as well as low complexity Bodily Injury Liability claims from the first notice of loss through resolution/settlement and payment process. T his may include applying laws and statutes for multiple state jurisdictions. Claim types include multi-vehicle (2 or more cars) with unclear liability as well as low complexity/minor Bodily Injury claims. Will also handle more complex Auto Damage claims such as non-owned vehicles, fire/theft, and potential fraud as well as non-auto, property related damage. Provides quality claim handling throughout the claim life cycle (customer contacts, coverage, investigation, evaluation, reserving, negotiation and resolution) including maintaining full compliance with internal and external quality standards and state specific regulations. As part of the hiring process, this position requires the completion of an online pre-employment assessment. Further information regarding the assessment including an accommodation process, if needed, will be provided at such time as your candidacy is deemed appropriate for further consideration.
Primary Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Customer Contacts/Experience:
- Delivers consistent service quality throughout the claim life cycle, including but not limited to prompt contact, explaining the process, setting expectations, on-going communication, follows-through and meeting commitments to achieve optimal outcome on every file. Fulfills specific service commitments made to certain accounts, as outlined in Special Account Communication (SAC).
- Coverage Analysis:
- Reviews and analyzes coverage and applies policy conditions, provisions, exclusions and endorsements for both Auto Damage and low complexity Bodily Injury liability claims in assigned jurisdictions. Verifies the benefits available, the injured party's eligibility and the applicable coverage limits. Addresses proper application of any deductibles, co-insurance, coverage limits, etc. Confirms priority of coverage (i.e. primary, secondary, concurrent) and takes into consideration issues such as Social Security, Workers Compensation or others relevant to the jurisdiction.
- Investigates each claim to obtain relevant facts necessary to determine coverage, causation, extent of liability/establishment of negligence, damages, contribution potential and exposure with respect to the various coverages provided through prompt contact with appropriate parties (e.g.. policyholders, accounts, claimants, law enforcement agencies, witnesses, agents, etc. ). This may also include investigation of wage loss and essential services claims. Takes recorded statements as necessary.
- Recognizes and requests appropriate inspection type based on the details of the loss and coordinate the appraisal process. Maintains oversight of the repair process and ensures appropriate expense handling.
- On specified claims, evaluates medical treatment based on the nature and extent of injury, mechanism of injury, type of treatment received or anticipated. May need to verify wage loss claims. Ensure proper payment of third party injury claims.
- Refers claims beyond authority as appropriate based on exposure and established guidelines. Recognizes and forwards appropriate files to subject matter experts (i.e., Subrogation, SIU, Property, Adverse Subrogation, etc.).
- Establishes timely and maintains appropriate claim and expense reserves. Manages file inventory and expense reserves by utilizing an effective diary system, documenting claim file activities to resolve claim in a timely manner.
- Determines settlement amounts, negotiates and conveys claim settlements within authority limits to insureds and claimants. As appropriate, writes denial letters, Reservation of Rights and other necessary correspondence to insureds and claimants.
- Files handled will be predominately unrepresented claims. May handle low complexity (small claims) litigated files on appropriately assigned cases.
- May provide support to other parts of Auto Line of Business (e.g. Total Loss, Salvage, etc.) when needed.
- Insurance License:
- In order to perform the essential functions of this job, acquisition and maintenance of Insurance License(s) may be required to comply with state and Travelers requirements. Generally, license(s) must be obtained within three months of starting the job and obtain ongoing continuing education credits as mandated.
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- A minimum of one year previous auto claim handling with Travelers or two years Auto Claim handling experience with a previous employer required.
Education, Work Experience, & Knowledge
- Bachelor's degree preferred.
- 2 years auto claim handling experience preferred.
- Prior experience handling multiple sub-lines such as auto damage and/or auto liability experience preferred.
Job Specific Technical Skills & Competencies
- Demonstrated ownership attitude and customer centric response to all assigned tasks.
- Demonstrated good organizational skills with ability to manage multiple priorities
- Attention to detail ensuring accuracy
- Keyboard skills and Windows proficiency, including Excel and Word - Intermediate
- Verbal and written communication skills - Intermediate
- Analytical Thinking- Intermediate
- Judgment/Decision Making- Intermediate
- Negotiation- Intermediate
- Insurance Contract Knowledge- Intermediate
- Principles of Investigation- Intermediate
- Value Determination- Basic
- Settlement Techniques- Basic
- Medical Knowledge- Basic
Environmental / Work Schedules / Other
- Travel Requirements: Travel Occasionally
Travelers is an equal opportunity employer. We value the unique abilities and talents each individual brings to our organization and recognize that we benefit in numerous ways from our differences.
If you are a candidate and have specific questions regarding the physical requirements of this role, please send us an email so we may assist you.
Travelers reserves the right to fill this position at a level above or below the level included in this posting.