PIP/Med Pay Claims Service Specialist
Posted on Jun 14 Bridgewater, NJ 156 views
You’ll do all this in an environment of excellence and the highest ethical standards – a place where values such as integrity, inclusive diversity and accountability are paramount. We empower every employee to lead, drive change and give back where they work and live. Our people are our greatest strength, and we work as one team in service of our customers and communities.
Everything we do at Allstate is driven by a shared purpose: to protect people from life’s uncertainties so they can realize their hopes and dreams. For more than 89 years we’ve thrived by staying a step ahead of whatever’s coming next – to give customers peace of mind no matter what changes they face. We acted with conviction to advocate for seat belts, air bags and graduated driving laws. We help give survivors of domestic violence a voice through financial empowerment. We’ve been an industry leader in pricing sophistication, telematics, digital photo claims and, more recently, device and identity protection. We are the Good Hands. We don’t follow the trends. We set them.
Allstate Insurance Company has an exceptional career opportunity for an Auto PIP/Med Pay Claims Service Specialist in Bridgewater, NJ!
About the Team
The Claims Department is here to restore peoples’ lives after the unexpected has happened. We work to deliver compassionate service that is fast, fair and easy. Putting our customers first to resolve their claim and taking the stress out of the situation is our goal. This is your chance to help make a meaningful difference in people’s lives. Join the thousands of people who work in the claims industry in highly stimulating work that will require you to assimilate data, evaluate facts and negotiate solutions to complex problems. Every day presents different learning and growth opportunities. You will gain a broad range of professional skills that will be equally applicable and highly valuable no matter where your career takes you.
About the Position
Our customers need us the most when they file a claim. As an Allstate Claims Service Specialist, you will play a vital role to ensure we deliver on our promise to help restore people’s lives after they’ve experienced a loss. Each day you will be responsible for managing a steady volume of new personal injury/medical payment claims. Process moderately complex activities related to non-technical claims in accordance with established quality, productivity and process standards on specific losses as directed by management or claim adjuster. Most importantly, you will work with our customers and related parties to guide them through the claims process in a caring and professional manner. You will handle every step from managing incoming calls and data entry, to filing reports and mail support. Your success will be rewarded with our Total Rewards package which includes base pay, benefits, and opportunities for career advancement.
- Performs clerical duties, including data entry, filing paper documents, email, calendar management, and word processing
- Handles personal injury/medical payment claim files (locates/requests files, files paperwork, reconstructs missing files, moves misfiled documents, sends to other offices, etc.)
- Retrieves, prints, faxes, or mails supporting documentation to vendors or others as directed
- Provides back-up for any support functions in the office
- Investigate prior losses and other information on file and orders reports as needed at the direction of adjusters and management
- Receives, screens and routes incoming telephone calls and other electronic correspondence
- Contacts or receives contact from customers or other claim related third parties to obtain and/or provide necessary file information to comply with quality and process standards
- Generates and sends appropriate forms to insured/claimant for completion
- Processes claims payments
- Completes all necessary forms, logs documents into the system, and routes them to the appropriate parties
- Assists adjusters with more complex claim handling, analyze documentation and settle basic, straight-forward, and routine claims quickly and efficiently
You’re a great Match for this Role if:
- You want to utilize your customer service skills to help restore peoples’ lives
- You have a strong desire to make a difference through compassionate customer service
- You are willing to work flexible hours or weekends when our customers need you
- You’re an empathic, upbeat and friendly self-starter who can work independently, as well as, on a team
- You feel comfortable working within the Microsoft Office Suite and would be excited to learn new technology
- You’re organized and able to multi-task in a fast-paced type environment where you will need to adhere to procedures, agendas, and measurements
- You’re known for clear and professional communication – both written and verbal
- You have a high school diploma or General Education Diploma (GED) along with one year of customer service experience
- You are a self-starter and problem solver. You’re comfortable navigating through online resources to learn processes and provide accurate information to our customer’s.
- Being bilingual and/or having prior military experience is a plus
- Generous Paid Time Off
- Medical, Dental, and Vision coverage
- Company-matched 401(k) and company-funded pension
- A culture of learning where you can expect to develop foundational skills for the future
- Opportunities for both personal and professional development
- Leadership teams that are communicative and engaged
- Impactful work by serving customers and the community in times of need
- Recognition and advancement opportunities
- Learn more about Allstate benefits @ https://allstategoodlife.com
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary – but that’s just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you’ll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy. For a full description of Allstate’s benefits, visit allstate.jobs/benefits/
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click “here” for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click “here” for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
To view the “EEO is the Law” poster click “here”. This poster provides information concerning the laws and procedures for filing complaints of violations of the laws with the Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs
To view the FMLA poster, click “here”. This poster summarizing the major provisions of the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) and telling employees how to file a complaint.
It is the Company’s policy to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs. Therefore, any discriminatory action taken on account of an employee’s ancestry, age, color, disability, genetic information, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual and reproductive health decision, marital status, medical condition, military or veteran status, national origin, race (include traits historically associated with race, including, but not limited to, hair texture and protective hairstyles), religion (including religious dress), sex, or sexual orientation that adversely affects an employee's terms or conditions of employment is prohibited. This policy applies to all aspects of the employment relationship, including, but not limited to, hiring, training, salary administration, promotion, job assignment, benefits, discipline, and separation of employment.