Willis Towers Watson
Investment Specialist – Analyst
Posted on Jun 14 Chicago, IL 5 views
Willis Towers Watson is a leading global advisory, broking and solutions company that helps clients around the world turn risk into a path for growth. With roots dating to 1828, Willis Towers Watson has 40,000 employees serving more than 140 countries. We design and deliver solutions that manage risk, optimize benefits, cultivate talent, and expand the power of capital to protect and strengthen institutions and individuals. Our unique perspective allows us to see the critical intersections between talent, assets and ideas – the dynamic formula that drives business performance. Together, we unlock potential. Learn more at willistowerswatson.com.
Investment, Risk and Reinsurance
The Investment business at Willis Towers Watson has over 1000 colleagues worldwide who provide services and advice to a diverse range of institutional investors, including large pension funds, insurance companies, sovereign wealth funds, endowments and foundations. As a trusted partner to over 1,200 clients, it advises on over $2 trillion of global assets and has discretion over more than $150 billion of assets. It works closely with teams in the Human Capital and Benefits business, particularly those providing actuarial and other services to many of the world’s top pension funds.
Note that visa employment-based non-immigrant visa sponsorship and/or assistance is not offered for this specific job opportunity.
The focus of the role is on project management within the Trade Management Team. The individual in this role will be involved in the end to end investment operations lifecycle.
As a member of the Trade Management Team within operations, you will initiate efficient processes for reviewing and implementing trade instructions and related materials on behalf of our institutional pension clients. The role requires the ability to collaborate on cross-functional teams with colleagues from all levels, while effectively communicating opinions and ideas in a succinct and coherent manner.
The position will also be responsible for managing and monitoring trades within client portfolios which can involve monitoring relatively simple unit level trading in pooled vehicles through to complex multiple investment manager and asset class trades. Additional responsibilities also include monitoring asset allocations, glidepaths and hedge ratios relative to targets, along with reviewing near-term liquidity needs and preparing trade recommendations.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Incorporate key details in the preparation of trade instructions, agreements, and related documentation pertaining to investing the assets of retirement plans with investment managers.
- Complete trading-related documents and effectively monitor client portfolio positioning to ensure we are meeting client expectations.
- Effectively interact with internal teams to keep them informed on progress and ensure they carry out any required actions.
- Effectively communicate with fund managers, custodians, and other external parties involved to ensure all agree on a trade timeline
- Learn about the wider investment consulting business by gaining exposure to numerous facets of the industry and have opportunities to work with multiple different teams within the organization.
- Develop collaborative relationships and openly communicate on work matters with internal teams.
- At least two years of experience in an investment operations role is preferred
- Undergraduate Degree
- Project management skills, attention to detail and the ability to meet deadlines
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Team-player with the ability to fit seamlessly into the wider practice
- Understanding of the Microsoft Office suite
- Ability to be a self-starter and work independently, but also cooperatively in a team environment
- Ability to liaise with third-party organizations and with all levels of staff within the practice
Please note that as part of our recruitment process, any offer of employment will be subject to the receipt of satisfactory background checks.
EOE, including disability/vets