Data Technology Acceleration Senior Consultant - (Remote Home Based Worker)
Posted on Jun 15 Northbrook, IL 277 views
You’ll do all this in an environment of excellence and the highest ethical standards – a place where values such as integrity, inclusive diversity and accountability are paramount. We empower every employee to lead, drive change and give back where they work and live. Our people are our greatest strength, and we work as one team in service of our customers and communities.
Everything we do at Allstate is driven by a shared purpose: to protect people from life’s uncertainties so they can realize their hopes and dreams. For more than 89 years we’ve thrived by staying a step ahead of whatever’s coming next – to give customers peace of mind no matter what changes they face. We acted with conviction to advocate for seat belts, air bags and graduated driving laws. We help give survivors of domestic violence a voice through financial empowerment. We’ve been an industry leader in pricing sophistication, telematics, digital photo claims and, more recently, device and identity protection. We are the Good Hands. We don’t follow the trends. We set them.
The Data Technology Acceleration Senior Consultant is a trusted and strategic partner to the senior leaders of Data and Intelligent Systems (D&IS), Enterprise Architecture, and to all AORs and Allstate Family of Companies to drive and help execute the Enterprise Data Strategy across the company. The Senior Consultant role will collaborate with all Business units, Architecture, software engineers and development resources within D&IS, ATSV and D3 Business teams and work through complex functional and non-functional challenges, executing upon the organization’s vision for the Enterprise Data Strategy and its implementation through-out the company.
This role will specifically own and lead the strategy and execution of the Scan and Curation workstream for the Enterprise Data Acceleration Program (EDAP) across all business units (AORs) and Allstate Family of Companies, helping to build and grow the company’s systematic full inventory of data, known as the Enterprise Data Catalog.
This role will work closely with the Enterprise Data Management (EDM) team within D&IS and will partner with the EDM team, the Data Governance team in D3 and all business units within the Enterprise to ensure that the annual and cyclical requirements for the Enterprise Data Catalog are clearly defined for all business units and that all scanning and curation is executed by all business units in adherence to governance and audit standards.
The Enterprise Data Catalog is critical to reducing risk and to achieving risk reduction goals of the company. Having an Enterprise Data Catalog for the company enables us to systematically catalog all data within the Enterprise, understand where all company’s data resides and control our most sensitive data. This role is instrumental in driving an adherence mindset to understanding the company’s remediation to align to Allstate’s Data Standards and Principles; adherence to understanding the delivery needed to get the company in adherence to the Target State for Data and Decisions ; and an understanding of the most critical data transformative efforts necessary for all business units across the company.
In partnership with D3 Business, Privacy, and with the D&IS Enterprise Data Management team, he or she should define both the Enterprise Data Catalog strategy and scope for each year’s scan and curation goals for all business units in order to keep the Enterprise Data Catalog updated and in adherence. They will work closely with the Business to define annual scope and they will partner closely with all business units to help strategize and help them accelerate annual scanning and curation goals.
This consultant role will have a strong role in leading and tracking the progress of all business units towards their annual and cyclical scan and curation goals for building the Enterprise Data Catalog. This role removes barriers and creates enthusiasm and acts as an advocate for all business units (AORs and Allstate Family of Companies) to achieve goals for the Enterprise Data Catalog and goals for the company to execute upon the Enterprise Data Strategy overall. This role also ensures the right Audit processes are in place for the Enterprise Data Strategy in relation to the annual Scanning and Curation goals for all business units throughout the company. Additionally, this role will promote a strong reliability culture for accountability by all business units (all AORs and Allstate Family of Companies) to be in adherence for the annual Enterprise Data Catalog annual requirements as required by the company.
- Demonstrates previous experience as an information analyst, systems analyst, technical analyst or as an application developer and has the ability to apply relevant knowledge to understand the Enterprise Data Catalog requirements and data acceleration objectives for the Enterprise Data Acceleration Program (EDAP), which aims to implement the Enterprise Data strategy across all business units
- Strong collaboration skills - ability to collaborate well with people and ability to partner well with both Business and Technology stakeholders. Role will need to collaborate with both Business and Technology stakeholders and provide clarity on the Enterprise Data Catalog requirements.
- Strong written communication skills. Has experience in creating analytical or architectural documents artifacts used to communicate an approach or POV artifacts used for both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Has ability to collaborate and partner well with Enterprise Architecture team in creating design and approach collateral used for business units and company socialization
- Comfortable leveraging creativity and problem-solving skills in removing barriers to achieve KPIs and enterprise goals for both the Enterprise Data Catalog and the Enterprise Data Strategy. Ability to identify and be creative to break work down problems to understand root causes and apply critical thinking to understand interdependencies holistically.
- Strong communication skills and comfort with achieving Enterprise Data Strategy results through influence and communication with minimal use of authority and control, feels comfortable communication and escalating risks and issues to all management levels and asking for help when needed
- Able to partner with Data Governance business teams to enforce adherence to data standards at the local levels. Has ability to understand Allstate’s strategic direction and help AORs and Allstate Family of Companies prioritize their risk reduction and Enterprise Data Catalog requirements into manageable and executable steps.
- Ability to partner well with Reporting team and providing critical metrics for Enterprise Data Catalog and for the Enterprise Data Acceleration Program.
- Utilizes creativity and proactively improve upon the current state. Understand and champion existing processes while continually investigating industry best practices and challenging the status quo to support continuous improvement.
- Undergraduate degree in MIS, engineering, computer science, information systems or related degree OR relevant work experience working as a business analyst for Technology teams; information analyst; systems analyst; or application developer
- Passion for new technologies and pushing the boundaries of what is possible, with a vision to building a data technology platform and ecosystem that improves how the company connects to shared and centralized data across the Enterprise, enabling desired customer journeys, company differentiation and market share
- Strong analytical skills. Excellent creativity in problem-solving and ability to view problem statements holistically. Comfort with ambiguity and able to be creative and agile in resolution of issues and challenges.
- Excellent collaboration skills and ability to bring people together, providing inspiration to collective get behind common goals. Excited about influencing others to own the shared accountability of company-wide shared data goals.
- Solid experience working in an agile development environment with clear understanding of how to work well with product managers and scrum masters
- Proven experience with analysis, approach (i.e., point of view) or design artifacts and collateral for both technical and non-technical audiences
- Strong written/verbal communication and facilitation skills, can communicate to all levels and raise issues and risks to leadership when needed
The salary range for this position is $100,000-$122,000. The salary offered will be commensurate with experience.
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary – but that’s just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you’ll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy. For a full description of Allstate’s benefits, visit allstate.jobs/benefits/
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click “here” for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click “here” for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
To view the “EEO is the Law” poster click “here”. This poster provides information concerning the laws and procedures for filing complaints of violations of the laws with the Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs
To view the FMLA poster, click “here”. This poster summarizing the major provisions of the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) and telling employees how to file a complaint.
It is the Company’s policy to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs. Therefore, any discriminatory action taken on account of an employee’s ancestry, age, color, disability, genetic information, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual and reproductive health decision, marital status, medical condition, military or veteran status, national origin, race (include traits historically associated with race, including, but not limited to, hair texture and protective hairstyles), religion (including religious dress), sex, or sexual orientation that adversely affects an employee's terms or conditions of employment is prohibited. This policy applies to all aspects of the employment relationship, including, but not limited to, hiring, training, salary administration, promotion, job assignment, benefits, discipline, and separation of employment.