Sr. Product Designer
Posted on Jun 16 Northbrook, IL 160 views
You’ll do all this in an environment of excellence and the highest ethical standards – a place where values such as integrity, inclusive diversity and accountability are paramount. We empower every employee to lead, drive change and give back where they work and live. Our people are our greatest strength, and we work as one team in service of our customers and communities.
Everything we do at Allstate is driven by a shared purpose: to protect people from life’s uncertainties so they can realize their hopes and dreams. For more than 89 years we’ve thrived by staying a step ahead of whatever’s coming next – to give customers peace of mind no matter what changes they face. We acted with conviction to advocate for seat belts, air bags and graduated driving laws. We help give survivors of domestic violence a voice through financial empowerment. We’ve been an industry leader in pricing sophistication, telematics, digital photo claims and, more recently, device and identity protection. We are the Good Hands. We don’t follow the trends. We set them.
Job Family Summary
Allstate UX is a team of creative problem solvers and enthusiasts in human-centered design. We are UX architects, interactive content writers, researchers, strategists and interactive visual designers. Here’s what you can expect from a UX career at Allstate:
- You’ll break new ground through innovative solutions that truly meet user needs.
- You’ll work in a collaborative environment that builds you up and supports long-term growth in your skills and career.
- You’ll contribute to systems and products that have a real impact on our business and on the millions of people who use our designs.
We build products that make lives whole again after a crisis. Are you up to the challenge?
A User Experience Architect Lead Consultant is responsible for leading efforts in applying knowledge of human capabilities, technology, industry design best practices and standards to create user interfaces for high complexity and strategic projects.
- Guide information architecture for Allstate’s consumer-facing websites, establish a cohesive ecosystem across multiple sites
- Partner with a multi-disciplinary UX team to create layouts, site designs and prototypes utilizing standard components and Content Management System (CMS) best practices
- Interpret the results of Multi-Variate Testing (MVT) and metric reports to find opportunities for continuous improvement
- Create time estimates and project plans (related to user-centered design efforts) for high complexity and strategic projects.
- Plan and facilitate teams in the creation of user profiles and usability objectives, aligned with business goals.
- Plan, conduct and facilitate iterative evaluations of user interface designs for complex or strategic projects.
- Develop and educate others in evaluation techniques
- Lead others in use of appropriate techniques for conducting user interface design reviews
- Promote importance of user-centered design activities and is able to influence stakeholders to insure execution.
- Create user interface standards and influence all levels of leadership to promote standards adherence and governance.
- Demonstrated experience in navigation design for large, content-based, consumer-facing websites
- Demonstrated expertise in taxonomy, information architecture and content strategy
- Demonstrated expertise in research methods related to navigation, interaction and usability
- Familiarity with SEO, MVT and CMS best practices and their effect on site design and information architecture.
- Familiarity with branding and online sales
- 5+ years of experience in UX
- Experience with complex transactional business models
- Excellent communication, organizational and time management skills
- Proficient in design and prototyping programs such as Sketch, Figma, Invision, Axure and Adobe Creative Cloud tools
- Experience in insurance, finance, medical or other highly-regulated fields a plus but not required
- Solid knowledge of HTML and CSS a plus but not required
- All educational backgrounds accepted. A degree in HCI, design, psychology, English, human factors or related field is a plus
- Compensation range for this position is $115,000 - $135,000 per year, based on experience and qualifications.
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary – but that’s just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you’ll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy. For a full description of Allstate’s benefits, visit allstate.jobs/benefits/
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click “here” for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click “here” for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
To view the “EEO is the Law” poster click “here”. This poster provides information concerning the laws and procedures for filing complaints of violations of the laws with the Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs
To view the FMLA poster, click “here”. This poster summarizing the major provisions of the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) and telling employees how to file a complaint.
It is the Company’s policy to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs. Therefore, any discriminatory action taken on account of an employee’s ancestry, age, color, disability, genetic information, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual and reproductive health decision, marital status, medical condition, military or veteran status, national origin, race (include traits historically associated with race, including, but not limited to, hair texture and protective hairstyles), religion (including religious dress), sex, or sexual orientation that adversely affects an employee's terms or conditions of employment is prohibited. This policy applies to all aspects of the employment relationship, including, but not limited to, hiring, training, salary administration, promotion, job assignment, benefits, discipline, and separation of employment.