The Travelers Companies, Inc.
Risk Control Consultant, Construction
Posted on Jun 16 Braintree, MA 123 views
Taking care of our customers, our communities and each other. That’s the Travelers Promise. By honoring this commitment, we have maintained our reputation as one of the best property casualty insurers in the industry for over 160 years. Join us to discover a culture that is rooted in innovation and thrives on collaboration. Imagine loving what you do and where you do it.
Job Description Summary
Provide the Underwriter with account knowledge as it relates to hazards, controls, and management. They will need to evaluate how the company identifies and manages their inherent risk factors. Additionally they are expected to differentiate the account from others in similar classes of business. This role reports to the Risk Control Field Director or Managing Risk Control Consultant.
Primary Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Partner and have joint ownership with Underwriting to select, retain, and grow a profitable book of business.
- Build and maintain productive relationships with Underwriting, Claim, Risk Control Specialists, and Broker to service customers as a unified team.
- Write technically detailed reports that communicate a clear assessment of risk and effectively articulated recommendations.
- Discover and evaluate customer needs through loss analysis and customer readiness in order to provide Risk Control products and services which can help control losses.
- Stay current with technical subject matters, regulatory environment, and emerging issues.
- Create a valued customer experience through each assessment and service encounter.
- Undergraduate degree in environmental health and safety, construction management, basic sciences and related technical fields required.
- 3 years of experience in safety, risk control, or related fields such as construction, manufacturing, or military required.
- Valid drivers license required.
- Must have or be able to attain appropriate certification to meet specific state requirements where applicable.
Education, Work Experience, & Knowledge
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Insurance industry acumen.
- Graduate degree in related field.
Licensing or Certificates
- Recognized relevant certifications (such as ASP, CSP, ARM).
Job Specific Technical Skills & Competencies
- Technical aptitude, detail oriented.
- Superior communication skills-written, verbal and listening.
- Ability to quickly establish credibility and rapport with a client.
- Experience working in a collaborative environment.
- Critical thinking skills.
- Proven work ethic.
- Influencing skills.
- Travel Requirements: Travel Frequently.
Travelers is an equal opportunity employer. We value the unique abilities and talents each individual brings to our organization and recognize that we benefit in numerous ways from our differences.
If you are a candidate and have specific questions regarding the physical requirements of this role, please send us an email so we may assist you.
Travelers reserves the right to fill this position at a level above or below the level included in this posting.