The Travelers Companies, Inc.
Sr. Dir Operations Technology
Posted on Jun 16 Hartford, CT 58 views
Taking care of our customers, our communities and each other. That’s the Travelers Promise. By honoring this commitment, we have maintained our reputation as one of the best property casualty insurers in the industry for over 160 years. Join us to discover a culture that is rooted in innovation and thrives on collaboration. Imagine loving what you do and where you do it.
Job Description Summary
This role will focus primarily on the Personal Insurance (PI) business and have a “run” focus to resolve short and long-term issues. Key aspects include:
-Understanding the end to end workings of Call Centers from an IT and Operations perspective.
-Ability to lead three critical elements: Incident Management, Researching/Developing Business Capabilities and Project Oversight.
-Building effective relationships across the PI business and Enterprise.
-Flexibility and ability to manage multiple demands and changing priorities.
-Managing/leading the team. Effectively operate within a matrix model across different teams and circle leads to influence outcomes.
Plans at a strategic level and manages the effective use of resources. Directs assigned staff to implement and/or maintain systems and/or assigned project(s). Moderate to broad scope of responsibility as defined by such things as span of control, # of systems/projects, and/or complexity of systems/projects. Works closely with key stakeholders to build relationships and to ensure timely completion of deliverables. Influences technical direction of projects and system support. Provides talent management to team members.
Primary Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Participate in high profile process assessment, improvement and design services to improve overall business performance, customer experience and employee experience.
- Introduce changes in operational processes and organizational behaviors that have a positive impact on bottom line results.
- Provide consulting, generate new ideas, influence business leaders on the benefits, prepare compelling business case informed by data and facts and assist in their implementation to achieve recommended results.
- Provide process oversight through process ownership rigor and controls for processes of strategic significance.
- Process owner for NB/Onboarding and Process Engineer to support Value stream.
- Directs assigned staff to implement and/or maintain systems of high complexity and/or projects of major business unit significance.
- Contributes significantly to the strategic technology operational plans and department budget. Has responsibility for developing/ implementing a tactical and/or operational plan and staying within the departmental budget.
- A technology leader in the effort to utilize technology to develop and/or redesign the organization's processes.
- Has awareness of Enterprise strategies and impact on the line of business or functional area of responsibility.
- Provides key project stakeholders and IT leadership with timely status updates and/or system performance updates.
- Applies knowledge of current industry trends and techniques to formulate solutions within the context of assigned projects and/or enhancements.
- Accountable for directing team in order to achieve deliverables.
- Manages team direction and the day-to-day work of direct reports.
- Responsible for providing consistent performance feedback/coaching and completing formal performance reviews.
- High School diploma or equivalent required.
- 5 years of technology or business related experience required.
Education, Work Experience, & Knowledge
- Bachelor's degree in a related field preferred.
- 9 years of technology or business related experience preferred.
- 3 years of experience managing others preferred.
Licensing or Certificates
- Depend on the specific role but some examples may include;
Job Specific Technical Skills & Competencies
- Experience with Contact Center Technologies (ie. Genesys, Verint, Aspect) & Customer Service Applications
- Experience with Salesforce is a plus.
- Technical Knowledge:
- Broad conceptual understanding of capabilities and direction of technology, coupled with an in-depth knowledge of the technology required and the needs of business environment necessary to support assigned systems and/or projects.
- Develops solutions to meet business needs that reflect a clear understanding of the objectives, practices & procedures.
- Has a thorough understanding of staff responsibilities, abilities and development needs.
- Business Knowledge & Partnership:
- Provides direction and effectively leads by example to ensure that all services are meeting the business objectives on a timely basis with excellent quality, at a reasonable cost.
- Suggests solutions that make sense and are in line with future technology direction.
- Keeps all areas informed of developments affecting their function.
- Demonstrates flexibility, anticipates customer needs, and effectively communicates in a manner consistent with the audience.
- Educates and influences customers on the most effective use of technology, from a short- and long-term perspective.
- Problem Solving & Decision Making:
- Demonstrates advanced analytical and diagnostic skills dealing with issues that are novel and not readily defined, lack known precedent or appear contradictory.
- Able to develop solutions by applying accepted processes or is able to create new approaches to leverage technology from abstract information.
- Sees the big picture and is fully aware of technology and business directions.
- Has department, corporate and group objectives in focus while identifying and removing barriers.
- Optimizes the use of all available resources.
- Manages cross-functional objectives/priorities supporting an assigned business area(s).
- Responsibilities are assigned with considerable latitude for decision making.
- Results reviewed periodically according to predefined objectives.
- Sets level of risk taking, and gathers/synthesizes information to all appropriate levels of the organization.
- Planning & Project Management:
- Insures all planning done on the area level is supportive of the business strategic plans.
- Appropriately delegates while maintaining accountability; sees that projects are assigned by workload and capabilities.
- Completes projects accurately and on time.
- Critical planning is required as modifications are difficult and costly and may impair achieving of departmental/corporate objectives.
- Change requires reassessing and adjusting tactical and/or operational direction.
- Knowledge of Agile methodology and ability to apply them to projects of moderate complexity. In the Agile environment the Sr Director level typically performs as the Release Train Engineer or Kanban Service Delivery Manager.
- Team Orientation
- Financial Awareness
- Human Resource Management
Environmental / Work Schedules / Other
- Travel Requirements: Travel Occasionally
Travelers is an equal opportunity employer. We value the unique abilities and talents each individual brings to our organization and recognize that we benefit in numerous ways from our differences.
If you are a candidate and have specific questions regarding the physical requirements of this role, please send us an email so we may assist you.
Travelers reserves the right to fill this position at a level above or below the level included in this posting.