HR Compensation - Lead Consultant
Posted on Jun 17 Northbrook, IL 69 views
You’ll do all this in an environment of excellence and the highest ethical standards – a place where values such as integrity, inclusive diversity and accountability are paramount. We empower every employee to lead, drive change and give back where they work and live. Our people are our greatest strength, and we work as one team in service of our customers and communities.
Everything we do at Allstate is driven by a shared purpose: to protect people from life’s uncertainties so they can realize their hopes and dreams. For more than 89 years we’ve thrived by staying a step ahead of whatever’s coming next – to give customers peace of mind no matter what changes they face. We acted with conviction to advocate for seat belts, air bags and graduated driving laws. We help give survivors of domestic violence a voice through financial empowerment. We’ve been an industry leader in pricing sophistication, telematics, digital photo claims and, more recently, device and identity protection. We are the Good Hands. We don’t follow the trends. We set them.
The Compensation team is responsible for enabling an effective employee value proposition (EVP) by developing compensation strategy and managing compensation business processes and projects across the enterprise. The Compensation team creates and delivers compensation analyses as well as collaborates and consults with leadership, internal business clients, and HR partners to identify, develop and implement strategic initiatives that positively impact the EVP and talent management strategies.
The Compensation Lead Consultant is responsible for leading core compensation initiatives to internal clients by applying professional judgement, knowledge, and experience. The individual will focus on analysis and strategy work, such as developing wide-reaching projects and assisting with department compensation strategies. This position leads the consulting for large departments, as well as helps with overall change management efforts. The individual will work with team members and leaders to implement, manage, and develop innovative solutions that support business unit strategy and design by applying thought leadership and subject matter expertise.
• Partner with Strategic HR partners and internal client groups to enable an effective employee value proposition through on-going consultation, compensation education and change management, and delivering compensation analysis and business solutions. Develop and cultivate knowledge of applicable business strategies, objectives, and workforce data.
• Leads core areas of consultation to include:
o Job evaluation
o Benchmarking / market pricing
o Competitive analysis
o Compensation planning reporting and analytics
o Respond and consulting on internal inquiries on compensation practices and policies.
o Compensation and total rewards as effective components of the employee value proposition
Compensation Analysis and Design
• Leads the quantitative and qualitative analysis from trend data to draw conclusions and recommendations on compensation practices to support and drive business results
• Develops compensation practices/policies that are cost effective, competitive, and assist in attracting/retaining/motivating employees
• Leads compensation design and options related to broad-based, sales, specialty, and/or international compensation.
• Leads analysis and design for strategic compensation projects or processes
• Leads the development and implementation of key technology initiatives and enhancements related to business processes
• Provides assistance/guidance in the development of junior members of the team
This job does not have supervisory duties
• Advanced analytical skills
• Ability to use creative thinking and problem solving skills
• Advanced project management skills
• Advanced understanding of HR strategies, policies, and operating model
• Proven ability to consult and influence both leaders and colleagues
• Advanced written and verbal communication skills
• Advanced Excel skills
• Ability to provide mentoring/guidance to junior members of the team
Experience & Education
• Strong analytical skills with technical experience in compensation, finance, or other analytical roles
• 5 or more years of equivalent experience
• Compensation discipline familiarity preferred
• Familiarity with SAP preferred
• Familiarity with Success Factors preferred
• Familiarity with MarketPay a plus
• Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources, Finance or related area or equivalent experience required.
• Certified Compensation Professional (CCP) designation a plus
Compensation range for this position is $95,000 - $125,000 per year, based on experience and qualifications.
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary – but that’s just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you’ll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy. For a full description of Allstate’s benefits, visit allstate.jobs/benefits/
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click “here” for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click “here” for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
To view the “EEO is the Law” poster click “here”. This poster provides information concerning the laws and procedures for filing complaints of violations of the laws with the Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs
To view the FMLA poster, click “here”. This poster summarizing the major provisions of the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) and telling employees how to file a complaint.
It is the Company’s policy to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs. Therefore, any discriminatory action taken on account of an employee’s ancestry, age, color, disability, genetic information, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual and reproductive health decision, marital status, medical condition, military or veteran status, national origin, race (include traits historically associated with race, including, but not limited to, hair texture and protective hairstyles), religion (including religious dress), sex, or sexual orientation that adversely affects an employee's terms or conditions of employment is prohibited. This policy applies to all aspects of the employment relationship, including, but not limited to, hiring, training, salary administration, promotion, job assignment, benefits, discipline, and separation of employment.