Enterprise Architect - Information Architect
Posted on Jun 17 Northbrook, IL 49 views
You’ll do all this in an environment of excellence and the highest ethical standards – a place where values such as integrity, inclusive diversity and accountability are paramount. We empower every employee to lead, drive change and give back where they work and live. Our people are our greatest strength, and we work as one team in service of our customers and communities.
Everything we do at Allstate is driven by a shared purpose: to protect people from life’s uncertainties so they can realize their hopes and dreams. For more than 89 years we’ve thrived by staying a step ahead of whatever’s coming next – to give customers peace of mind no matter what changes they face. We acted with conviction to advocate for seat belts, air bags and graduated driving laws. We help give survivors of domestic violence a voice through financial empowerment. We’ve been an industry leader in pricing sophistication, telematics, digital photo claims and, more recently, device and identity protection. We are the Good Hands. We don’t follow the trends. We set them.
As part of the Customer Master Architecture team, qualified candidates will blend Information Architecture with Solution Architecture, and be accountable for driving the thinking and solutioning to manage and leverage Customer data as an asset (integrated data sourcing, development, usage, and availability). In this highly-collaborative, fast-paced environment, you will design innovative product solutions for real business problems, integrate with and evolve architectures in existing products and systems, and contribute to business-driven technology roadmaps. This role is in support of the Customer Data Strategy.
· Create and Champion Strategic Vision as relates to Customer and Prospect data management and its integration to the overall Enterprise Data Strategy and Enterprise Target State Architecture.
· Partner across business and technology disciplines to present and deliver the needed architectures. Assist with drafting the business case including identification of potential business/customer benefits and identify opportunities to enhance existing architecture.
· Develop, document, utilize, and drive adoption of reusable patterns, practices, and enterprise reference architectures that fit within the overall Allstate architectural blueprint.
· Communicate technology strategy to leaders and knowledge workers via roadmaps, conceptual diagrams, decision statements, and solution documents.
· Review and contribute to Business Requirements, Non-functional Requirements, and User Stories, develop application architectures, review and contribute to design efforts.
· Ensure architectural concerns are appropriately addressed by product development teams; communicate, document, escalate architectural impacts and risks.
· Using independent research and analysis of industry and technology trends, provide actionable ideas for innovation and business capability development.
Bachelors degree or equivalent experience
- 3+ years in industry practices for master data management. Knowledgeable in MDM integration patterns and how to optimize data and execution environments to enable them.
- 7+ years technical experience in IT architecture/design
- 3+ years of experience architecting/designing real-time services integration (Rest, Micro)
- Ability to analyze and interpret a wide range of loosely defined complex situations, which require application of creativity and originality into meaningful conclusions and recommendations, where guidance and counsel may be unavailable
- Demonstrated ability to continuously learn and adopt new technologies and drive innovation; proactive approach to staying knowledgeable about industry trends
- Effective communication skills, both written and verbal
- Experience influencing senior business and IT stakeholders. Ability to structure documents to effectively communicate with senior management and business partners to drive alignment and decision making.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities given aggressive timelines; comfortable performing in a fast paced, dynamic and ambiguous business environment; manage both internal and external resources
- Customer Master Data Management experience is desired.
- Experience with IBM Infosphere MDM Standard Edition (aka Initiate)
- Oracle, MongoDB, SOLR, Scality
- Kafka, Tibco
- Java, Spring; Experience with Pivotal Cloud Foundry is a plus
- Experience with Cloud technologies, integrations, and design
- Insurance industry experience
- Expert in high-performance MDM environments
The salary range for this position is $110,000-$150,000/yr. plus up to 10% yearly bonus potential.
Salary offered will be commensurate with experience and skills required
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary – but that’s just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you’ll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy. For a full description of Allstate’s benefits, visit allstate.jobs/benefits/
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click “here” for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click “here” for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
To view the “EEO is the Law” poster click “here”. This poster provides information concerning the laws and procedures for filing complaints of violations of the laws with the Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs
To view the FMLA poster, click “here”. This poster summarizing the major provisions of the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) and telling employees how to file a complaint.
It is the Company’s policy to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs. Therefore, any discriminatory action taken on account of an employee’s ancestry, age, color, disability, genetic information, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual and reproductive health decision, marital status, medical condition, military or veteran status, national origin, race (include traits historically associated with race, including, but not limited to, hair texture and protective hairstyles), religion (including religious dress), sex, or sexual orientation that adversely affects an employee's terms or conditions of employment is prohibited. This policy applies to all aspects of the employment relationship, including, but not limited to, hiring, training, salary administration, promotion, job assignment, benefits, discipline, and separation of employment.