The Travelers Companies, Inc.
Internal Communications Consultant
Posted on Jun 17 Saint Paul, MN 126 views
Taking care of our customers, our communities and each other. That’s the Travelers Promise. By honoring this commitment, we have maintained our reputation as one of the best property casualty insurers in the industry for over 160 years. Join us to discover a culture that is rooted in innovation and thrives on collaboration. Imagine loving what you do and where you do it.
Job Description Summary
Under moderate supervision, creates and executes less complex internal communication plans to ensure the successful implementation of business initiatives. Partners with businesses, functions and project teams to implement internal communications initiatives that enhance and support business objectives and reinforce Travelers character and culture. This position supports HR/Enterprise Diversity & Inclusion/Diversity Networks.
Primary Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Develop and deliver less complex internal communications materials.
- Provide writing, editing, and proofreading support to initiatives beyond assigned communication projects.
- Partner with business initiative and project teams to meet communications objectives and develop content.
- Partner with communications team to identify objectives for applications and coordinates development of content to meet defined objectives.
- Integrate strategic business key messages into internal communications.
- Demonstrate a working understanding of business strategies and build them into communications approaches and materials.
- Utilize communications expertise to ensure successful implementation of internal communications.
- Partner with project teams on communications delivery for assigned internal audiences, partnering.
- Adhere to internal communications best practices.
- Research subject matter to write requested communications.
- Adhere to enterprise approval processes, templates, and brand guidelines in communications materials.
- Contribute to measuring the effectiveness of internal communications through qualitative and quantitative methods.
- Bachelor's degree in in English, journalism, PR, communications or writing or minimum of 1 year of related communications experience.
Education, Work Experience, & Knowledge
- Typically 2-4 years of experience in communications or a related field.
- Working knowledge of communication concepts.
- Working knowledge of appropriate methods and techniques for communicating with multiple audiences.
Job Specific Technical Skills & Competencies
- Intermediate verbal and written communications skills.
- Basic presentation skills.
- Intermediate time management skills.
- Intermediate ability to edit and proof read quickly and accurately.
- Basic problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work effectively both individually and as a member of a team (on team assignments).
Travelers is an equal opportunity employer. We value the unique abilities and talents each individual brings to our organization and recognize that we benefit in numerous ways from our differences.
If you are a candidate and have specific questions regarding the physical requirements of this role, please send us an email so we may assist you.
Travelers reserves the right to fill this position at a level above or below the level included in this posting.