Posted on Jun 18 Northbrook, IL 258 views
You’ll do all this in an environment of excellence and the highest ethical standards – a place where values such as integrity, inclusive diversity and accountability are paramount. We empower every employee to lead, drive change and give back where they work and live. Our people are our greatest strength, and we work as one team in service of our customers and communities.
Everything we do at Allstate is driven by a shared purpose: to protect people from life’s uncertainties so they can realize their hopes and dreams. For more than 89 years we’ve thrived by staying a step ahead of whatever’s coming next – to give customers peace of mind no matter what changes they face. We acted with conviction to advocate for seat belts, air bags and graduated driving laws. We help give survivors of domestic violence a voice through financial empowerment. We’ve been an industry leader in pricing sophistication, telematics, digital photo claims and, more recently, device and identity protection. We are the Good Hands. We don’t follow the trends. We set them.
**We are open to applicants in the following markets to work from our Allstate strategic local offices: Charlotte, NC; Dallas / Fort Worth, TX; & Phoenix, AZ. Strong qualified candidates will be given consideration as remote / home-based professionals.**
The Splunk Architect serves as the expert in Splunk systems architecture, undertaking complex projects requiring additional specialized technical knowledge. The Splunk Architect makes decisions on complex or ambiguous architecture issues, coordinating with users to determine requirements, and ensuring system improvements are successfully implemented and monitored, finding ways to increase efficiency.
- Apply reference architectures and positions toward the design, deployment and support of highly complex systems that deliver business functionality
- Consult on the application of reference architecture, strategic direction of enterprise technology, and serve as subject matter expert with contextual knowledge of the business model
- Utilize or develop reusable patterns, practices, and enterprise reference architectures that fit within the overall Allstate architectural blueprint
- Drive requirements analysis activities and develop the design of highly complex architectural solutions involving multiple logical and/or physical dimensions
- Maintain awareness of current complex architectures and business drivers and guide their application to initiatives as appropriate
- Identify opportunities to enhance existing architecture
- Assist with drafting the business case including identification of potential business/customer benefits
- Advocate effective architectural designs and optimize current architecture and processes
- Influence clients and partners to prioritize for enterprise benefit and risk reduction and assist in driving the adoption of technology solutions that leverage existing patterns, practices and reference architectures
- Recommend when tactical solutions should be replaced or incorporated into sunset and refresh strategies for assigned application(s), project(s) or discipline
- Ensure that application sunset and refresh strategies are created and maintained
- Lead the assessments and inspections of high complexity physical and/or logical architectural components
- Verify conformance to architectural patterns, practices and enterprise/departmental reference architecture
- Lead analysis of complex system issues
- Make recommendations for major/significant changes to the architecture
- Develop high complexity architectural solution concepts and support Pursuit team with feasibility and high-level project estimation
Education and Experience
- 3+ Years of Splunk architecture experience in a multi-terabyte/day environment
- Architecting Splunk in AWS
- Upgrading Splunk in a multi-terabyte/day environment with Search Head Clusters, ITSI and ES
- 10+ years of platform engineering experience
- 2+ Years of AWS experience
- Splunk Enterprise Security
- Splunk IT Service Intelligence
- Splunk Core
- Automated deployment of Splunk using software such as Terraform/Ansible/Puppet/Chef/etc..
- Python/Bash or other scripting language a plus
- Azure Experience a plus
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary – but that’s just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you’ll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy. For a full description of Allstate’s benefits, visit allstate.jobs/benefits/
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click “here” for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click “here” for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
To view the “EEO is the Law” poster click “here”. This poster provides information concerning the laws and procedures for filing complaints of violations of the laws with the Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs
To view the FMLA poster, click “here”. This poster summarizing the major provisions of the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) and telling employees how to file a complaint.
It is the Company’s policy to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs. Therefore, any discriminatory action taken on account of an employee’s ancestry, age, color, disability, genetic information, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual and reproductive health decision, marital status, medical condition, military or veteran status, national origin, race (include traits historically associated with race, including, but not limited to, hair texture and protective hairstyles), religion (including religious dress), sex, or sexual orientation that adversely affects an employee's terms or conditions of employment is prohibited. This policy applies to all aspects of the employment relationship, including, but not limited to, hiring, training, salary administration, promotion, job assignment, benefits, discipline, and separation of employment.