The Travelers Companies, Inc.
Sr Account Manager - Underwriting Assistant - Large Commercial Accounts
Posted on Jun 18 Alpharetta, GA 60 views
Taking care of our customers, our communities and each other. That’s the Travelers Promise. By honoring this commitment, we have maintained our reputation as one of the best property casualty insurers in the industry for over 160 years. Join us to discover a culture that is rooted in innovation and thrives on collaboration. Imagine loving what you do and where you do it.
Job Description Summary
This individual is recognized as a "expert" in all phases of the following areas: Business Unit Specific Product lines and coverage. Knowledge of underwriting support processes/procedures/workflow. Awareness of local Business Unit Strategy and Marketing goals. Travelers' applications/systems. Rating/pricing methodologies and tools. In addition: Manages relationships with Account Executives (AEs), agents, MGAs, as well as peers and business partners. Has specific goal of number of agency visits. Actively participates in meetings. Negotiates and resolves conflicting priorities. May have responsibility as resource for other less experienced Account Managers. Acts as key point person for AE when AE is out of office and is recognized by agents as resource.
Primary Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Partners with Account Executives/Underwriters to establish support needs for renewals and/or new business policies (i.e., identify/gather relevant account information to quote and/or bind the policy; create exhibits, etc.). Provides a higher level of preparation (i.e., review of forms, outstanding risk control recommendations , red flags for pre-renewal agent/insured notification, changes in coverage due to endorsement activity during year, etc.)
- May participate and prepare AE for pre-renewal (CURE) meetings.
- Prepares underwriting/pricing exhibits (i.e., exposures, experience rating, profit and loss analysis, expense models, updated account information, etc.).
- Manages account documentation (i.e., proposals, agreement letters, reinsurance contracts, collateral agreements, pricing doc, policy change, endorsements, cancellations, etc.).
- Ensures accurate and timely servicing and billing of accounts.
- Communicates with brokers/agencies, MGAs, and internal departments. (i.e., researches and resolves issues, responds to inquiries and questions).
- Quotes accounts by reviewing exposures and experience rating, updating account information, rates and adjusts the price. Anticipates rate issues AE may have.
- May complete renewals based on formal guidelines, commonly referred to as "Letter of Authority."
- Provides information for regulatory compliance (i.e., statutory filings, proof of insurance, certificates).
- Volunteers and participates in projects/assignments as representative for Operations.
- High School diploma or equivalent required.
- Two years of work experience in insurance industry required.
- Basic software skills required (Windows MS Office).
Education, Work Experience, & Knowledge
- Bachelor's degree preferred.
- Three or more years insurance experience related to rate, quote, and issuance of P&C Insurance is preferred.
Job Specific Technical Skills & Competencies
- Demonstrates a high level of technical skill needed to perform the role.
- Able to serve as a resource for others.
- Demonstrates ability to act promptly in difficult situation--acts with a sense of urgency.
- Able to take responsibility.
- Able to communicate in person with agents and internal customers (i.e., Claim, Risk Control, Accounting, etc.).
Driving For Results
- Able to meet standards set by manager and able to set high standards for self.
- Able to take the steps necessary to improve personal and team performance.
- Demonstrates the ability to suggest improvements to systems and workflows.
- Able to recognize several potential causes of events/consequences of actions.
- Demonstrates ability to been seen as a resource for collaboration.
- Able to think critically with a deep level of analysis.
- Able to be decisive in a crisis.
- Able to think to the future (4 months ahead) to identify or eliminate potential issues in renewal account workflow.
- Actively attempts to influence events to achieve goals.
- Demonstrates drive to help others and is focused on the greater good of the company.
Teamwork & Cooperation
- Demonstrates the ability to positively reinforce team members--enhances camaraderie among team.
- Able to genuinely value and digest others' input and willing to learn from others.
- Able to help others to achieve goals.
- Demonstrates ability to speak clearly and expresses self well in groups and one on one conversations.
- Can adjust conversation to audience.
- Able to use examples to make point.
- Able to actively engage others.
- Able to explain reasons for decisions or actions in depth.
- Demonstrates ability to apply guidelines appropriately.
- Able to adapt in a variety of situations. Also understands the best approach to take for various situations. Able to adapt rapidly to and facilitate/support change.
- Demonstrates ability to perform in a business professional manner with a positive attitude.
- Demonstrates the ability and drive to seek development opportunities.
- Is able to take complete ownership for role responsibilities.
- Able to encourages and coach others.
- Able to function independently.
- Demonstrates ability to adapt to rapid change and cope effectively with change.
- Demonstrates ability to plan ahead for peak volume periods.
- Demonstrates the ability to consider all possible outcomes as second nature.
Travelers is an equal opportunity employer. We value the unique abilities and talents each individual brings to our organization and recognize that we benefit in numerous ways from our differences.
If you are a candidate and have specific questions regarding the physical requirements of this role, please send us an email so we may assist you.
Travelers reserves the right to fill this position at a level above or below the level included in this posting.