Financial Risk Analytics Manager (Remote - Home Based Worker)
Posted on Jun 21 Northbrook, IL 180 views
You’ll do all this in an environment of excellence and the highest ethical standards – a place where values such as integrity, inclusive diversity and accountability are paramount. We empower every employee to lead, drive change and give back where they work and live. Our people are our greatest strength, and we work as one team in service of our customers and communities.
Everything we do at Allstate is driven by a shared purpose: to protect people from life’s uncertainties so they can realize their hopes and dreams. For more than 89 years we’ve thrived by staying a step ahead of whatever’s coming next – to give customers peace of mind no matter what changes they face. We acted with conviction to advocate for seat belts, air bags and graduated driving laws. We help give survivors of domestic violence a voice through financial empowerment. We’ve been an industry leader in pricing sophistication, telematics, digital photo claims and, more recently, device and identity protection. We are the Good Hands. We don’t follow the trends. We set them.
Enterprise Risk & Return Management (“ERRM”) creates insight, transparency and dialogue to manage and optimize the company’s mix of risk, returns and opportunities. ERRM supports the organization with a shared viewpoint on risks and returns. Our work includes processes, principles, governance, modeling and analytics used by senior leaders and business managers to drive strategic and business decisions. This job sits in the area of ERRM focused on analyzing and modeling risk and return tradeoffs within the Personal Property Liability (PPL) business unit.
The Financial Risk Analytics Manager creates insight, transparency and dialogue to manage and optimize Allstate Protection’s mix of risk, returns and opportunities. The consultant works with company leadership to pair business insight with risk, return, and capital analysis to drive optimal business decisions.
- Assist with the development, implementation and maintenance of an economic return on capital framework to support strategic decision-making and business performance measurement
- Create focused and transparent risk-return communication for senior management, board, internal, and external parties
- Provide consulting to business areas to assist them in understanding risk-return tradeoffs and opportunities, risk-return informed capital implications, to implement framework leveraging best practices and improving decision-making
- Apply foundational risk and return principles to new or ambiguous business situations to help set direction and evaluation framework where a blueprint for success may not already exist
- Lead economic capital and capital allocation processes, incorporating a comprehensive, holistic view of risk and return and effectively capturing multiple internal and external perspectives
- Develop insightful and transparent risk and capital communication for senior management, board, internal and external parties, to facilitate engaged dialogue and decision-making
- Partner with chief risk officers, risk organizations and other business areas to evaluate risk-return tradeoffs, assess risk-return implications of strategic and operating plans, and embed the ERRM framework across the organization
Education and Experience
- 5-7 years of financial analysis experience in an Insurance or Financial Services organization is preferred
- Advanced business knowledge (i.e.; insurance industry, Allstate, ERM)
- BA or BS in Finance, Accounting, Economics, Mathematics, Business or related area of study
- Advanced ability to apply analytical skills and techniques to research, analyze, synthesize and integrate data/information
- Strong ability to work across boundaries and collaborate with individuals from other areas of the organization
- Advanced time management skills and organization skills with the ability to adapt to the changing needs of the business
- Solid work ethic, including ability to follow-up independently and take initiative
- Strong interpersonal skills to work effectively in team environment and maximize team effectiveness
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Intellectual curiosity and drive for continuous improvement - personally and with work assignments
- Advanced Microsoft skills required (PowerPoint, Word and Excel)
- Advanced knowledge of financial and accounting concepts and financial models
The minimum salary for this position is $91,800. The salary offered will be commensurate with experience.
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary – but that’s just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you’ll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy. For a full description of Allstate’s benefits, visit allstate.jobs/benefits/
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click “here” for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click “here” for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
To view the “EEO is the Law” poster click “here”. This poster provides information concerning the laws and procedures for filing complaints of violations of the laws with the Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs
To view the FMLA poster, click “here”. This poster summarizing the major provisions of the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) and telling employees how to file a complaint.
It is the Company’s policy to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs. Therefore, any discriminatory action taken on account of an employee’s ancestry, age, color, disability, genetic information, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual and reproductive health decision, marital status, medical condition, military or veteran status, national origin, race (include traits historically associated with race, including, but not limited to, hair texture and protective hairstyles), religion (including religious dress), sex, or sexual orientation that adversely affects an employee's terms or conditions of employment is prohibited. This policy applies to all aspects of the employment relationship, including, but not limited to, hiring, training, salary administration, promotion, job assignment, benefits, discipline, and separation of employment.