Catastrophe Claims Outside Multiline Adjuster - Remote
Posted on Jun 22 Northbrook, IL 114 views
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field can’t be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You’ll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers’ lives. We’ll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you’ll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you’ll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
Under limited supervision, this job is responsible for meeting with customers across the country to investigate, negotiate and settle moderately complex and occasionally complex property, vehicle damage or flood claims, when our customers are involved in a catastrophic event. The individual reviews the policy, determines loss coverage, inspects and assesses the property or vehicle damage, prepares or reviews a repair estimate for covered losses, and processes payment to customers. The individual also delivers compassionate service that is fast, fair, and easy, to ensure customer retention. The individual works independently, prioritizing the individual's own responsibilities, and managing the individual's own workload. The individual also consistently meets band level behaviors, production, quality, and/or customer service goals.
*This position is a 10 days on 4 days off schedule and requires up to 75% travel*
- Makes and maintains a connection with the customer by understanding and meeting their needs; serves the customer with empathy; and follows up to ensure that customer needs have been met
- Researches and responds to moderately complex and occasionally complex customer communications, concerns, conflicts or issues
- Reviews customer satisfaction results; works independently to create personal action plans
File Documentation and Reporting
- Summarizes documents and enters into claim file
- Documents a claim file with notes, evaluations and decision making process
Coverage, Liability and Evaluation
- Investigates, reviews, determines and verifies moderately complex and occasionally complex coverage/policy information
- Provides coverage explanation to customer
- Reviews vehicle damage, takes photos, and determines reparability or total loss
- Reviews/approves moderately complex and occasionally complex repair estimate
- Prepares moderately complex and occasionally complex damage estimates and assists in locating parts
- Conditions vehicles and prepares report for customer
- Determines salvage or diminished value
- Organizes and reconciles bills
- Selects estimates for review/reinspection
- Conducts fast track estimating
- Handles ALE (additional living expense) claims as needed
- Handles specialized claims and supplements
- Inspects and estimates water damage in a dwelling, hail damage, and smoke or fire damage
- Handles and occasionally negotiates claims that include Public Adjuster involvement
Other Projects and Responsibilities
- May participate in one or more moderately complex or occasionally complex special assignments
- Interprets and applies all state and storm issues across all states
- Proficient knowledge of all regional construction types and related repair methodologies
- Handles claims involved in appraisal, arbitration or mediation
- Handles multiple disciplines within AOR
Note: This position is not available to California, Alaska or Hawaii residents.**
- Bachelors degree in related field preferred or equivalent experience
- Auto technical experience required
- Ability to interact effectively with internal or external customers and act with empathy
- Applies general and occasionally broad knowledge of insurance policy, coverage, and regulation
- Applies general and occasionally broad knowledge of claim processes, policies, procedures, claim systems, coverage, liability, damage estimating, and/or settlement, and adherence to applicable legal compliance standards
- Applies general and occasionally broad industry knowledge to discipline practices, including best practices, to support the business unit
- Applies general and occasionally broad knowledge of analytical procedures to reconcile, manipulate, and recognize patterns of data
- Applies general and occasionally broad knowledge of problem solving and preparation of reports for analysis
- Applies general and occasionally broad ability to leverage learned technical skills in support of team objectives
- Applies general and occasionally broad negotiation and/or arbitration skills
- Applies general and occasionally broad conflict management and problem resolution skills in managing internal and external customer relationships
- Applies general and occasionally broad problem solving skills to continuously improve business outcomes
- Ability to investigate, evaluate, negotiate and settle moderately complex and occasionally complex claims
- Provides individual decision making within authority limits
- Has and maintains all appropriate licenses and registrations for the role per state requirements
- This position has a competitive salary starting from 51,000
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary – but that’s just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you’ll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click "here" for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click "here" for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
It is the Company’s policy to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs. Therefore, any discriminatory action taken on account of an employee’s ancestry, age, color, disability, genetic information, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual and reproductive health decision, marital status, medical condition, military or veteran status, national origin, race, religion (including religious dress), sex, or sexual orientation that adversely affects an employee's terms or conditions of employment is prohibited. This policy applies to all aspects of the employment relationship, including, but not limited to, hiring, training, salary administration, promotion, job assignment, benefits, discipline, and separation of employment