Sr. Manager - Network Operations - (Remote - Home Based Worker)
Posted on Jun 22 Northbrook, IL 162 views
You’ll do all this in an environment of excellence and the highest ethical standards – a place where values such as integrity, inclusive diversity and accountability are paramount. We empower every employee to lead, drive change and give back where they work and live. Our people are our greatest strength, and we work as one team in service of our customers and communities.
Everything we do at Allstate is driven by a shared purpose: to protect people from life’s uncertainties so they can realize their hopes and dreams. For more than 89 years we’ve thrived by staying a step ahead of whatever’s coming next – to give customers peace of mind no matter what changes they face. We acted with conviction to advocate for seat belts, air bags and graduated driving laws. We help give survivors of domestic violence a voice through financial empowerment. We’ve been an industry leader in pricing sophistication, telematics, digital photo claims and, more recently, device and identity protection. We are the Good Hands. We don’t follow the trends. We set them.
The role of the Network Operations Center (NOC) Sr. Manager is to lead a global organization focused on flawless execution of critical infrastructure incident management. The Sr. Manager is responsible to ensure day to day operational commitments are executed on time and with a high degree of quality, be a point of escalation for critical incidents with customer impact, identify and drive operational efficiencies through automation and best practices, build and manage a highly engaged global workforce and provide strategic direction for the NOC. This role is part of a larger organization, Production Operations, whose focus is on maintaining and improving system availability for Allstate.
- Drives global teams to function as a highly integrated organization leveraging common process
- Takes ownership for outcomes and drives solutions
- Is a strong voice not just for the NOC but for Operational Excellence across the organization
- Comfortable leading high impacting, high visibility major incidents
- Thought leadership to define and implement NOC capabilities that align to our strategic direction
- Partners across other operational, engineering and 3rd party teams
- Effectively communicates to audiences of all levels on complex topics across all mediums (oral, written, presentation, etc)
- Applying a structured approach to problem solving and root cause analysis/mistake proofing
- Ensure high engaged organization by effectively managing demand / capacity, employee development, career pathing, cross training and recognition
- Builds and maintains relationships with all levels of employees by creating an environment of safety and innovation within their organization and across peer groups
- Identifies and proactively removes barriers to cooperative effort between teams and departments
- Models and creates an environment of accountability for their organization, peer groups and leaders by setting clear performance objectives in support of business outcomes
- Leads the process of establishing vision, direction and specific objectives for organization
- Collects multiple levels of staff performance data against desired outcomes and service level agreements
- Serves as a role model for personal development, incorporating 360-degree performance feedback. Maintains organizational focus on talent development.
- Identifies and leads change in their organization in alignment with broader organizational change initiatives. Uses personal influence to enlist employees and peers in implementing change.
General Management & Decision Making
- Develops ideas and team strategy that have long-term, strategic impact on area of responsibility and that align with Enterprise direction. Responsible for initiating work and allocating resources necessary to implement strategy and achieve organizational goals.
- Communicates strategy to the organization so they understand their roles, are motivated to achieve established goals and have line of the sight between their work and Allstate strategies. Converts thinking of others or gains acceptance of complex ideas where difficult but necessary to achieve goals and objectives.
- Manages multiple teams with significant, complex assignments. Creates structures and processes that provide oversight of budgets and delivery yet allow employees freedom of action.
- Applies knowledge and efforts to diverse and complex situations, where alternatives are numerous, to drive business solutions on behalf of the organization. Makes decisions that have an impact on quality or effectiveness of business activities beyond their area of responsibility.
- Fosters innovation. Creates structures and processes that promote an environment of innovation and experimentation for direct reports, peer groups, leaders and the organization.
- Highly proficient in the business of information technology
Business Partner Management
- Influences individual contributors, managers, partners, service providers and peers to successfully deliver on business commitments spanning across multiple organizations.
- Partners with others in their organization to set and manage expectations; continually seeks opportunities to be a thought partner and increase internal business partner satisfaction and deepen relationships.
- Negotiates solutions for issues that may be complex or controversial across multiple teams/functional groups.
- Adapts complex communication approaches for audiences at multiple internal and external levels
- Education: Bachelors degree or equivalent
- Experience: 5+ years of management experience; should include accountability for all aspects of leading an organization including people processes, client/partner relationships, work processes and delivery of work products.
- Strong infrastructure technical experienced preferred
- Major Incident & Problem management
- Strong infrastructure technical experienced preferred
- Cloud based operational support
- Infrastructure automation
Compensation range for this position is $120,000 - $170,000 per year, based on experience and qualifications and skills required.
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary – but that’s just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you’ll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy. For a full description of Allstate’s benefits, visit allstate.jobs/benefits/
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click “here” for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click “here” for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
To view the “EEO is the Law” poster click “here”. This poster provides information concerning the laws and procedures for filing complaints of violations of the laws with the Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs
To view the FMLA poster, click “here”. This poster summarizing the major provisions of the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) and telling employees how to file a complaint.
It is the Company’s policy to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs. Therefore, any discriminatory action taken on account of an employee’s ancestry, age, color, disability, genetic information, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual and reproductive health decision, marital status, medical condition, military or veteran status, national origin, race (include traits historically associated with race, including, but not limited to, hair texture and protective hairstyles), religion (including religious dress), sex, or sexual orientation that adversely affects an employee's terms or conditions of employment is prohibited. This policy applies to all aspects of the employment relationship, including, but not limited to, hiring, training, salary administration, promotion, job assignment, benefits, discipline, and separation of employment.