The Travelers Companies, Inc.
Premium Auditor Associate (Charlotte, NC area)
Posted on Jun 22 Charlotte, NC 5 views
Taking care of our customers, our communities and each other. That’s the Travelers Promise. By honoring this commitment, we have maintained our reputation as one of the best property casualty insurers in the industry for over 160 years. Join us to discover a culture that is rooted in innovation and thrives on collaboration. Imagine loving what you do and where you do it.
Job Description Summary
Under close supervision and working outside an office environment, is responsible for performing audits on Property/Casualty Commercial Lines adjustable policies to establish appropriate classifications, exposures and basis of premium. Responsible for developing premium exposures in accordance with company, industry and government rules and regulations. Audits may be conducted both in person as well as virtually. For in person audits, travel will be required in a territory in and around the Charlotte, NC area, including travel to Lumberton, NC and possibly Wilmington, NC. Some overnight travel may be required. As part of the hiring process, this position requires the completion of an online pre-employment assessment. Further information regarding the assessment including an accommodation process, if needed, will be provided at such time as your candidacy is deemed appropriate for further consideration.
Primary Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Conducts audit of selected Commercial Lines adjustable policies by reviewing the insured's business operation, including examining, verifying and recording pertinent classification-related data from financial/business records. Determines and/or develops premium basis and classification.
- Conducts physical and virtual audits to optimize timeliness and productivity.
- Discuss issues and problems with the insured to ensure understanding of the change in premium exposures and to maintain good customer relations.
- Ensure quality of the audit through proper risk classification and exposure basis information.
- Utilizes laptop computer to record audit information and transmit completed audits in a timely manner.
- Provides external customers (i.e., agents and insureds) and internal customers (i.e., underwriting, policy processing, claims and accounting) with information to assist in their understanding of audit-related matters, including audit vouchers, procedures and worksheets.
- Remains informed of changes and current information relative to premium auditing through discussion and correspondence with experts and industry-related literature.
- Responsible to alert the Special Investigative Unit (SIU) of potential fraud situations.
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- Valid driver's license and a good driving record required.
Education, Work Experience, & Knowledge
- College degree in Accounting, Business Administration, or related field preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong customer orientation.
Job Specific Technical Skills & Competencies
- Demonstrated ability to work independently preferred.
- Strong organizational skills preferred.
- Solid analytical skills preferred.
- Proficient in the use of personal computers and software applications (i.e., MS Excel, MS Word, LOTUS Notes) and the ability to manipulate data quickly and accurately preferred.
- Travel Requirements: Travel Frequently
Travelers is an equal opportunity employer. We value the unique abilities and talents each individual brings to our organization and recognize that we benefit in numerous ways from our differences.
If you are a candidate and have specific questions regarding the physical requirements of this role, please send us an email so we may assist you.
Travelers reserves the right to fill this position at a level above or below the level included in this posting.