Independent Agency Zone Sales Director
Posted on Jun 23 Northbrook, IL 143 views
You’ll do all this in an environment of excellence and the highest ethical standards – a place where values such as integrity, inclusive diversity and accountability are paramount. We empower every employee to lead, drive change and give back where they work and live. Our people are our greatest strength, and we work as one team in service of our customers and communities.
Everything we do at Allstate is driven by a shared purpose: to protect people from life’s uncertainties so they can realize their hopes and dreams. For more than 89 years we’ve thrived by staying a step ahead of whatever’s coming next – to give customers peace of mind no matter what changes they face. We acted with conviction to advocate for seat belts, air bags and graduated driving laws. We help give survivors of domestic violence a voice through financial empowerment. We’ve been an industry leader in pricing sophistication, telematics, digital photo claims and, more recently, device and identity protection. We are the Good Hands. We don’t follow the trends. We set them.
The Independent Agency (IA) Zone Sales Director is responsible for profitable growth and increased market share within an assigned geographic zone. The role is accountable for all aspects of strategy development for field sales and inside sales within their assigned zone. The role leads a consolidated team of sales leaders and network of independent agents across three brands with the goal of achieving sales and profitability targets while fostering a culture of embracing change, talent development and shared purpose.
• Develop and implement the annual strategic business plan for the assigned geographic zone to achieve the IA production, retention, appointment and profitability goals
• Serve as a senior member of the IA Sales leadership team, collaborating with other sales directors toward the achievement of the national sales plan and refinement of zone-specific sales strategies
• Facilitate review and consolidation of sales strategies, operating models and workforces for current and future mergers and acquisitions (M&A) activity
• Create and implement change management initiatives for the integration of sales strategies for multiple brands, products and agency workforces for current and future M&A activity
• Collaborate with leadership in Product, Marketing, Finance and other AORs to identify opportunities to maximize resources and employee skills to achieve sales plan
• Establish and communicate operational goals and measures aligned to business strategy to direct reports and employees
• Proactively analyze data and analytics to evaluate business strategies against current results, adapt to changing market pressures and redeploy resources during current and future M&A activity
• Lead all talent-related efforts to strengthen talent pipeline, including encouraging professional development, monitoring succession for key roles and ensuring accountability to high performance against zone and company objectives
• Monitor, evaluate and adapt sales organizational structure to maximize employee and agent resources in current and future M&A activity, including role segmentation, incentive compensation and critical skill development
• Serve as a role model within the IA sales organization, encouraging root cause problem solving, best practice sharing and continuous improvement
This job has supervisory duties of field and inside sales leaders
• Four-year college degree preferred
• 12 years of industry experience with a strong distribution and sales leadership and management background preferred
• Strong knowledge of the Independent Agency channel, including industry competitors, major brokers and national industry associations
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
• P&C License
• Industry certifications (preferred)
• Proven track record in developing and implementing strategic initiatives to achieve sales and profitability goals across a broad geographic area
• Lead a broad group of teams and individuals through complex organizational change
• Able to develop and implement ideas that have long-term, broad organizational impacts
• Effective organization and time management skills with the ability to work under pressure and adhere to project deadlines
• Cultivate internal and external relationships, influencing others to achieve business results
• Superior interpersonal and communication (oral and written) skills; ability to lead and influence virtually
• Ability to communicate to a broad audience and rally around a common direction and goal
• Champion new ideas and promote an environment of change agility, innovation and calculated risk-taking
• Ability to navigate complex business problems to identify tangible strategies and solutions
• Maintain a high level of commitment to personally getting things done, assuming personal responsibility for achieving expected results
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary – but that’s just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you’ll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy. For a full description of Allstate’s benefits, visit allstate.jobs/benefits/
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click “here” for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click “here” for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
To view the “EEO is the Law” poster click “here”. This poster provides information concerning the laws and procedures for filing complaints of violations of the laws with the Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs
To view the FMLA poster, click “here”. This poster summarizing the major provisions of the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) and telling employees how to file a complaint.
It is the Company’s policy to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs. Therefore, any discriminatory action taken on account of an employee’s ancestry, age, color, disability, genetic information, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual and reproductive health decision, marital status, medical condition, military or veteran status, national origin, race (include traits historically associated with race, including, but not limited to, hair texture and protective hairstyles), religion (including religious dress), sex, or sexual orientation that adversely affects an employee's terms or conditions of employment is prohibited. This policy applies to all aspects of the employment relationship, including, but not limited to, hiring, training, salary administration, promotion, job assignment, benefits, discipline, and separation of employment.