The Travelers Companies, Inc.
Auto Damage Specialist Trainee
Posted on Jun 24 Franklin, TN 57 views
Taking care of our customers, our communities and each other. That’s the Travelers Promise. By honoring this commitment, we have maintained our reputation as one of the best property casualty insurers in the industry for over 160 years. Join us to discover a culture that is rooted in innovation and thrives on collaboration. Imagine loving what you do and where you do it.
Job Description Summary
This is an entry level position that requires satisfactory completion of a formal training program to advance to Claim Representative, Auto Damage Specialist. This position is intended to develop skills for responding to demands for damages from other carriers' subrogation pursuits, municipalities and/or other third-party requests. This position is also responsible for the validation and remediation of the front line coverage determination, investigation, and auto damage liability (negligence) assessment as well as reviewing and adjusting damages related to third party property damage claims. This includes interpreting and applying laws and statutes for multiple state jurisdictions. This job also serves as a resource to customers to provide policy guidance empowering them to make informed decisions prior to initiating the claim process. As part of the hiring process, this position requires the completion of an online pre-employment assessment. Further information regarding the assessment including an accommodation process, if needed, will be provided at such time as your candidacy is deemed appropriate for further consideration.
Primary Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Completes required training program which includes the overall instruction, exposure, and preparation for employees to progress to the next level position. It is a mix of online, virtual, classroom, and on-the-job training. The training may require travel.
- The on the job training includes practice, execution, and coaching on the following core assignments:
- Provide Auto Loss Consultation services to policyholders by responding to questions relating to a particular claim scenario, reviewing/assessing damages and liability, and providing accurate policy and coverage guidance that educates the customer with information to assist them in the decision to start the claim process.
- Interact with customers to provide accurate, efficient, prompt and professional consultative services.
- Complete First Notice of Loss as needed.
- Negotiate adverse subrogation demands with carriers, other responsible party(s), and other legal representatives or attorneys on liability and/or damages, including but not limited to : labor rate, replacement labor times, repair labor, alternative parts usage, customary or special discounts, betterment, paint allowances, material costs, sublet repairs, total loss actual cash value evaluations, maximization of salvage recovery, rental, mitigation and control of charges and expenses, appropriateness of titling decisions, taxes and fees, deductible application, calculation errors and incidental expenses.
- Prepare and document accurate vehicle/equipment damage appraisals according to applicable regulatory and company guidelines, and electronically audit vehicle estimates utilizing technical expertise and information gathered to accurately determine physical damage claim value using company recognized resources, estimating and evaluation software received directly from shops or from other carriers.
- Collaborate and communicate with internal claim partners to determine the most appropriate outcome, providing new facts as they become available and an analysis of their impact on the liability and settlement options.
- Professionally communicate and provide exceptional service to customers/policyholders, other carriers and internal customers appropriately considering information that may be personal and/or confidential and fulfilling Special Account Considerations instructions.
- Achieve and maintain appropriate technical expertise, certifications and regulatory required licenses through successful completion of company and industry classes and training to ensure compliance with all insurance department regulations and applicable laws.
- Provide operational intelligence to Travelers business partners through accurate data reporting.
- Develop and deliver training sessions on technical areas or frequently asked questions as requested.
- Support other parts of auto Line of Business such as Auto Blend or Appraisal Estimate Review when needed.
- Occasional overnight travel for training as needed.
- In order to perform the essential functions of this job, acquisition and maintenance of Insurance License(s) may be required to comply with state and Travelers requirements. Generally, license(s) must be obtained within three months of starting the job and obtain ongoing continuing education credits as mandated.
- High School degree or GED and one year of customer service experience OR Bachelor’s Degree required.
Education, Work Experience, & Knowledge
- Bachelors degree preferred or a minimum of 2 years of work OR customer service related experience preferred.
Job Specific Technical Skills & Competencies
- Keyboard skills and Windows proficiency, including Excel and Word - Intermediate
- Strong mathematical and negotiation skills.
- Demonstrated ownership attitude and customer centric response to all assigned tasks.
- Strong teamwork skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Attention to detail ensuring accuracy.
- Ability to work in a high volume, fast paced environment managing multiple priorities.
- Ability to remain current on jurisdictional laws and regulations, and communicating compliance requirements to other claim staff as appropriate.
Environmental / Work Schedules / Other
- Travel Requirements: Travel Occasionally
Travelers is an equal opportunity employer. We value the unique abilities and talents each individual brings to our organization and recognize that we benefit in numerous ways from our differences.
If you are a candidate and have specific questions regarding the physical requirements of this role, please send us an email so we may assist you.
Travelers reserves the right to fill this position at a level above or below the level included in this posting.