Commercial Claims Business Processing Analyst Lead Consultant (Remote/Home-Based Worker)
Posted on Jul 9 Northbrook, IL 139 views
You’ll do all this in an environment of excellence and the highest ethical standards – a place where values such as integrity, inclusive diversity and accountability are paramount. We empower every employee to lead, drive change and give back where they work and live. Our people are our greatest strength, and we work as one team in service of our customers and communities.
Everything we do at Allstate is driven by a shared purpose: to protect people from life’s uncertainties so they can realize their hopes and dreams. For more than 89 years we’ve thrived by staying a step ahead of whatever’s coming next – to give customers peace of mind no matter what changes they face. We acted with conviction to advocate for seat belts, air bags and graduated driving laws. We help give survivors of domestic violence a voice through financial empowerment. We’ve been an industry leader in pricing sophistication, telematics, digital photo claims and, more recently, device and identity protection. We are the Good Hands. We don’t follow the trends. We set them.
The Home Office Support function is responsible for partnering with and advising the Enterprise operations on a variety of business and operational functions including product support, vendor management, project support, referral and leveraging information. Support & Process Design develops or modifies products or processes based on market research, requests from the AORs, customer experience analysis, or other data and supports the Field in responding to issues and questions.
This job is responsible for developing, managing, and conducting targeted reviews of processes based on various drivers, including severity spikes, regulatory changes, quality trends, customer service trends, and expense management trends. The role analyzes the data reviewed, identifies process, technology, and execution gaps, and presents results to leaders, recommending process changes to improve business results in partnership with other stakeholders. This individual manages highly-complex and mission-critical vendor relationships. The job provides oversight of vendor operational, quality and performance metrics, communicates changes in process and procedure, and assesses vendor performance. The job coordinates, prioritizes, and manages process and technology projects that support the Enterprise. The job also assigns work to project team members and coordinates communications across the Enterprise. The individual also delivers compassionate service that is fast, fair, and easy, to ensure customer retention. The individual works independently, prioritizes the individual's own responsibilities, and manages the individual's own workload. The individual consistently meets band level behaviors, production, quality and/or customer service goals.
We are looking for dynamic professionals with Data Analytics experience and a background in Commercial Claims (Auto, Property or Casualty) to join our team!
This is a Remote/Home-Based Worker role. This position is not available to residents of California.
- Busines to Business client customer engagment
- Ensures and enables staff to maintain a connection with the customer by understanding and meeting their needs; serves the customer with empathy; and follows up to ensure that customer needs have been met
- Manages and resolves escalated customer communications, concerns, conflicts or issues
- Reviews customer satisfaction results; develops and directs business unit action plans
Process Design / Improvement
- Manages and conducts research of impact of regulatory changes and/or current state Field processes, including Field visits, feedback sessions, and industry/competitive intelligence, to identify process gaps
- Develops recommendations to address identified process gaps and designs process enhancements and/or new processes to address the issues and achieve desired business outcomes
- Develops timelines, coordinates resources, and establishes check-in meetings to implement process enhancements and/or new processes
- Engaged in process improvement implementation and communicates status to all stakeholders
- Leads or acts as individual contributor to projects and manages team members and holds them accountable
- Develops quality assurance processes and guidelines for various Field roles and vendors, which may include quality review forms, quality reporting, technical platform support, and audit standards
- Provides trend and results analysis on quality assurance to leadership
- Researches and responds, or reviews the research of others to respond, to Field inquiries made on a variety of questions, concerns, and topics
- Shares subject matter expertise on a variety of subjects with Field and other Home Office partners on a daily basis
- Collaborates with Home Office and cross functional groups on various projects and product changes involving the disciplines the role supports
- Oversees and manages highly complex vendor relationships with one or more disciplines or functions in the Claims organization
- Evaluates vendor performance through continuous analysis of key performance indicators (KPIs), quality, compliance and responsiveness to staffing requests
- Communicates changes in process and develops and provides vendor performance data
- Determines KPIs and service level agreements (SLAs) for vendors; assesses performance of vendors using KPIs and SLAs
- Reviews and tracks invoices and budgets and works with Field users and managers to ensure vendor is operating within budget
- Determines optimum vendor utilization based on need and budget and communicates to Field and Home Office stakeholders as needed; makes recommendations to management for improvement
- Engages Compliance to ensure internal controls are followed for vendor on boarding and review
- Engages with vendor when business and performance goals are not being met to identify performance hurdles and determine resolution
Training and Education
- Oversees and coordinates the development of periodic training sessions and communication updates to the Field, including, but not limited to, job aids, home page alerts, claims and policy handling guidelines, script changes, process communications, and leader communications, including Field and Home Office directors and officers; may also facilitate training sessions
Compensation range for this position is $75,900 - $110,000 per year, based on experience and qualifications.
- Commercial Claims experience (Auto, Property or Casualty)
- Data Analytics experience (analyzing trends, action planning)
- Ability to interact effectively, and coach others on interacting effectively, with internal or external customers and act with empathy
- Applies highly advanced knowledge of insurance policy, coverage, and regulation
- Applies highly advanced knowledge of claim processes, policies, procedures, claim systems, coverage, liability, damage estimating, and/or settlement, and adherence to applicable legal compliance standards
- Applies highly advanced industry knowledge to discipline practices, including best practices, to support the business unit
- Applies highly advanced knowledge of analytical procedures to reconcile, manipulate, and recognize patterns of data
- Applies highly advanced knowledge of problem solving and preparation of complex reports for analysis
- Applies highly advanced ability to leverage learned technical skills in support of team objectives
- Applies highly advanced negotiation and/or arbitration skills
- Applies highly advanced conflict management and problem resolution skills in managing internal and external customer relationships
- Applies highly advanced problem solving skills to continuously improve business outcomes
- Ability to assist leadership in achieving business unit objectives
- Applies highly advanced knowledge of training facilitation and coaching skills
- Ability to investigate, evaluate and settle highly complex claims
- Provides highly advanced individual decision making within authority limits
- Works within highly complex assignments requiring specialized knowledge in breadth and/or depth in area of expertise
- Has and maintains all appropriate licenses and registrations for the role per state requirements
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary – but that’s just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you’ll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy. For a full description of Allstate’s benefits, visit allstate.jobs/benefits/
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click “here” for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click “here” for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
To view the “EEO is the Law” poster click “here”. This poster provides information concerning the laws and procedures for filing complaints of violations of the laws with the Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs
To view the FMLA poster, click “here”. This poster summarizing the major provisions of the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) and telling employees how to file a complaint.
It is the Company’s policy to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs. Therefore, any discriminatory action taken on account of an employee’s ancestry, age, color, disability, genetic information, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual and reproductive health decision, marital status, medical condition, military or veteran status, national origin, race (include traits historically associated with race, including, but not limited to, hair texture and protective hairstyles), religion (including religious dress), sex, or sexual orientation that adversely affects an employee's terms or conditions of employment is prohibited. This policy applies to all aspects of the employment relationship, including, but not limited to, hiring, training, salary administration, promotion, job assignment, benefits, discipline, and separation of employment.