Financial Lead Consultant
Posted on Jul 28 Northbrook, IL 166 views
You’ll do all this in an environment of excellence and the highest ethical standards – a place where values such as integrity, inclusive diversity and accountability are paramount. We empower every employee to lead, drive change and give back where they work and live. Our people are our greatest strength, and we work as one team in service of our customers and communities.
Everything we do at Allstate is driven by a shared purpose: to protect people from life’s uncertainties so they can realize their hopes and dreams. For more than 89 years we’ve thrived by staying a step ahead of whatever’s coming next – to give customers peace of mind no matter what changes they face. We acted with conviction to advocate for seat belts, air bags and graduated driving laws. We help give survivors of domestic violence a voice through financial empowerment. We’ve been an industry leader in pricing sophistication, telematics, digital photo claims and, more recently, device and identity protection. We are the Good Hands. We don’t follow the trends. We set them.
The Value Quantification team supports the Data & Analytics department and their business partners by objectively quantifying, forecasting and measuring the impact of data & analytics to drive informed business decisions for Allstate.
The Financial Lead Consultant leads daily execution of analysis and communication of financial results, development of compelling storylines and formulation of value KPIs for key analytic products and/or initiatives. This role facilitates achievement of business objectives with guidance, while ensuring financial credibility and reputation of high-quality financial measurement, reporting, planning and consulting.
- Build, manage and maintain a consistent value framework that drives transparency into analytic project value quantification and KPI forecasting and measurement
- Serve as financial advisor in absence of manager, assisting Business Unit leaders and partners in a consultative manner and identifying needs in the areas of forecasting, planning, measurement, business case development and internal controls
- Build and communicate convincing story lines and forward-thinking insights (with minimum focus/reliance on the numbers) to help leaders understand results, and anticipate/ understand challenges and opportunities for their business
- Participate on multi-discipline project teams as financial advisor
- Supervisory Responsibilities:
- This position may manage lower level analysts in accomplishing this work
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- 5 or more years of related experience
- High-level of knowledge of general corporate finance
- Demonstrated depth of financial and analytical expertise
- Knowledge of accounting principles and general audit procedures
- Experience as a business consultant in a finance related field
- Effective communication across multiple levels and mediums
- Exposure to talent and people management skills
Compensation range for this position is $80,000 -$120,000 per year, based on experience and qualifications.
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary – but that’s just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you’ll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy. For a full description of Allstate’s benefits, visit allstate.jobs/benefits/
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click “here” for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click “here” for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
To view the “EEO is the Law” poster click “here”. This poster provides information concerning the laws and procedures for filing complaints of violations of the laws with the Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs
To view the FMLA poster, click “here”. This poster summarizing the major provisions of the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) and telling employees how to file a complaint.
It is the Company’s policy to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs. Therefore, any discriminatory action taken on account of an employee’s ancestry, age, color, disability, genetic information, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual and reproductive health decision, marital status, medical condition, military or veteran status, national origin, race (include traits historically associated with race, including, but not limited to, hair texture and protective hairstyles), religion (including religious dress), sex, or sexual orientation that adversely affects an employee's terms or conditions of employment is prohibited. This policy applies to all aspects of the employment relationship, including, but not limited to, hiring, training, salary administration, promotion, job assignment, benefits, discipline, and separation of employment.