Project/Program Mgmt Lead Consultant
Posted on Jul 30 Northbrook, IL 152 views
You’ll do all this in an environment of excellence and the highest ethical standards – a place where values such as integrity, inclusive diversity and accountability are paramount. We empower every employee to lead, drive change and give back where they work and live. Our people are our greatest strength, and we work as one team in service of our customers and communities.
Everything we do at Allstate is driven by a shared purpose: to protect people from life’s uncertainties so they can realize their hopes and dreams. For more than 89 years we’ve thrived by staying a step ahead of whatever’s coming next – to give customers peace of mind no matter what changes they face. We acted with conviction to advocate for seat belts, air bags and graduated driving laws. We help give survivors of domestic violence a voice through financial empowerment. We’ve been an industry leader in pricing sophistication, telematics, digital photo claims and, more recently, device and identity protection. We are the Good Hands. We don’t follow the trends. We set them.
As a Project/Program Management Lead Consultant, you’ll play a key role supporting the organization’s transformation of its structure and culture to one that promotes business agility and sustainability. This includes leading complex work using Agile, traditional waterfall, and hybrid approaches and supporting the operational needs of our products and services.
What You’ll Do:
- Work in an evolving Agile environment both as a Scrum master and traditional project/program manager based on business need
- Participate in high-performing durable teams
- Maintain contemporary skills including Scaled Agile
- Independently achieve highly complex, ambiguous and changing project/program objectives
- Deliver customized solutions
- Lead and support simultaneous challenging projects, programs and activities with relentless Customer focus
- Drive achievement of related KPIs through leadership and influence
- Deliver recurring and ad hoc project/program communications in an easily understood, simplified style that resonates with any audience.
- Lead and/or support test-and-learns and continuous improvement
- Engage, guide and influence business and technology partners
In this role you can expect:
- A lead role in hybrid Agile as well as traditional Waterfall environments
- Fast-paced, highly collaborative problem solving and systems thinking
- High levels of expected change, innovative solutioning and shifting priorities
- Supervisory duties based on business need
What you bring:
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher or equivalent experience with 5+ years of project/program management plus extensive familiarity with related tools, concepts, methodologies and practices
- Strong Agile delivery knowledge and experience; Scaled Agile Certifications preferred (e.g. Certified Scrum Master)
- Demonstrated track record in delivering multiple complex projects and/or programs and mentoring PMs
- Demonstrated ability to influence at all levels without authority, along with excellent interpersonal, presentation, consulting and communication skills (written and verbal)
The salary range for this position is $75,900 to $123,000. The salary offered will be commensurate with experience.
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary – but that’s just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you’ll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy. For a full description of Allstate’s benefits, visit allstate.jobs/benefits/
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click “here” for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click “here” for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
To view the “EEO is the Law” poster click “here”. This poster provides information concerning the laws and procedures for filing complaints of violations of the laws with the Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs
To view the FMLA poster, click “here”. This poster summarizing the major provisions of the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) and telling employees how to file a complaint.
It is the Company’s policy to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs. Therefore, any discriminatory action taken on account of an employee’s ancestry, age, color, disability, genetic information, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual and reproductive health decision, marital status, medical condition, military or veteran status, national origin, race (include traits historically associated with race, including, but not limited to, hair texture and protective hairstyles), religion (including religious dress), sex, or sexual orientation that adversely affects an employee's terms or conditions of employment is prohibited. This policy applies to all aspects of the employment relationship, including, but not limited to, hiring, training, salary administration, promotion, job assignment, benefits, discipline, and separation of employment.