Data Analytics Specialist - Allstate Benefits (Remote - Home Based Work)
Posted on Jul 31 Northbrook, IL 98 views
You’ll do all this in an environment of excellence and the highest ethical standards – a place where values such as integrity, inclusive diversity and accountability are paramount. We empower every employee to lead, drive change and give back where they work and live. Our people are our greatest strength, and we work as one team in service of our customers and communities.
Everything we do at Allstate is driven by a shared purpose: to protect people from life’s uncertainties so they can realize their hopes and dreams. For more than 89 years we’ve thrived by staying a step ahead of whatever’s coming next – to give customers peace of mind no matter what changes they face. We acted with conviction to advocate for seat belts, air bags and graduated driving laws. We help give survivors of domestic violence a voice through financial empowerment. We’ve been an industry leader in pricing sophistication, telematics, digital photo claims and, more recently, device and identity protection. We are the Good Hands. We don’t follow the trends. We set them.
Compensation range for this position is $59,500 -$80,000 per year, based on experience and qualifications.
The Data Analytics Consultant/Specialist will work with the Administration Services Team focused on monitoring quality of work process and output. The Data Analytics Consultant will own reporting, data analysis, project management and analytical components of continuous improvement. Analytics consultants are in charge of developing and implementing analytics solutions for their organization. They use programming skills to sort through large amounts of information and complete data processing and analytics to suggest business process changes. Analytics consultants must demonstrate leadership and the ability to work with a team; they also work closely with other business departments to gather all the needed data. They must multitask and prioritize important and time-sensitive products. These consultants also conceptualize aspects of the business using scripts, tables, and complex reports.
• Collect, analyze, manage and present data to track departmental metrics and identify process gaps
• Identify, propose, design and lead projects to maximize efficiency, reduce rework and improve the customer experience
• Assign and track suspense clearings and strategic initiatives for the assigned AOR
• Develop curriculum and provide continuing education for account teams on transactional work, suspense accounting and process enhancements
• Create, maintain and enhance standard reporting for key performance indicators related to the AOR
• Cross-train on the standard and ad hoc accountabilities of Analytics Consultants with diverse AORs
• Work closely with management to prioritize business and information needs such as developing dashboards, weekly and monthly reporting
• Examine systems and recommend methodologies to improve data and its usage.
• Execute data quality and data auditing plans, evaluating and presenting on findings.
• Interview users to identify data needs and delivery mechanisms.
• Design and synthesize reports and metrics, documenting process flows and fulfilling business needs.
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required
• 3-5 years’ experience in specialty insurance billing and/or reporting and analysis
• Advanced Microsoft Excel skills required – VBA coding strongly preferred
• VBA coding, Power BI and Tableau skills strongly preferred
• Excellent presentation skills, with the ability to cultivate effective relationships and negotiate at all levels of the organization
• Previous experience in the data analytics field required
• Insurance, accounting and analytical background required
• Ability to prioritize competing deadlines and deliverables
• Strong project and time management skills
• Ability to maintain confidentiality
• High performer with an eye for detail and excellent organizational skills
• Exhibit a leadership mentality and ability to work cross-functionally with business partners
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary – but that’s just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you’ll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy. For a full description of Allstate’s benefits, visit allstate.jobs/benefits/
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click “here” for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click “here” for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
To view the “EEO is the Law” poster click “here”. This poster provides information concerning the laws and procedures for filing complaints of violations of the laws with the Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs
To view the FMLA poster, click “here”. This poster summarizing the major provisions of the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) and telling employees how to file a complaint.
It is the Company’s policy to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs. Therefore, any discriminatory action taken on account of an employee’s ancestry, age, color, disability, genetic information, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual and reproductive health decision, marital status, medical condition, military or veteran status, national origin, race (include traits historically associated with race, including, but not limited to, hair texture and protective hairstyles), religion (including religious dress), sex, or sexual orientation that adversely affects an employee's terms or conditions of employment is prohibited. This policy applies to all aspects of the employment relationship, including, but not limited to, hiring, training, salary administration, promotion, job assignment, benefits, discipline, and separation of employment.