Financial Analyst (Remote Home-Based Worker)
Posted on Aug 5 Northbrook, IL 213 views
You’ll do all this in an environment of excellence and the highest ethical standards – a place where values such as integrity, inclusive diversity and accountability are paramount. We empower every employee to lead, drive change and give back where they work and live. Our people are our greatest strength, and we work as one team in service of our customers and communities.
Everything we do at Allstate is driven by a shared purpose: to protect people from life’s uncertainties so they can realize their hopes and dreams. For more than 89 years we’ve thrived by staying a step ahead of whatever’s coming next – to give customers peace of mind no matter what changes they face. We acted with conviction to advocate for seat belts, air bags and graduated driving laws. We help give survivors of domestic violence a voice through financial empowerment. We’ve been an industry leader in pricing sophistication, telematics, digital photo claims and, more recently, device and identity protection. We are the Good Hands. We don’t follow the trends. We set them.
The Financial Analyst analyzes financial results for key products, markets and initiatives. This position uses analysis to support creation of a compelling story lines to help deepen client insights.
• Isolate key drivers, quantify impacts, and forecast implications to the business
• Prepare and help build storyline for financial updates
• Use analysis to influence and drive action within finance and our business partners by using fact-based, holistic and forward-looking perspectives to identify emerging issues and assist in implementation of strategies
• Provide accurate, timely reports with financial insight to allow business partners to improve performance
• Develop effective presentations for small groups
This job does not have supervisory duties.
Education and Experience
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
• 0-2 years of related experience
• Familiarity with financial\accounting concepts
• Analytical skills to compile information requiring combinations of data from multiple sources, the ability to work with numbers and formulas
• Proficiency in Microsoft Excel required; Working Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
• Solid work ethic, including ability to follow-up, focus on details, and take initiative
• Intellectual curiosity and drive for continuous improvement, both personally and with work assignments
• Oral and written communication skills, able to work effectively with employees both internal and external to the finance function
• Interpersonal skills to work effectively in a team environment
• Effective time management and organization skills with a proven ability to multi-task
The salary range for this position is $50,000 - $64,000. Offer will be based on experience and qualifications.
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary – but that’s just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you’ll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy. For a full description of Allstate’s benefits, visit allstate.jobs/benefits/
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click “here” for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click “here” for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
To view the “EEO is the Law” poster click “here”. This poster provides information concerning the laws and procedures for filing complaints of violations of the laws with the Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs
To view the FMLA poster, click “here”. This poster summarizing the major provisions of the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) and telling employees how to file a complaint.
It is the Company’s policy to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs. Therefore, any discriminatory action taken on account of an employee’s ancestry, age, color, disability, genetic information, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual and reproductive health decision, marital status, medical condition, military or veteran status, national origin, race (include traits historically associated with race, including, but not limited to, hair texture and protective hairstyles), religion (including religious dress), sex, or sexual orientation that adversely affects an employee's terms or conditions of employment is prohibited. This policy applies to all aspects of the employment relationship, including, but not limited to, hiring, training, salary administration, promotion, job assignment, benefits, discipline, and separation of employment.