Collaboration & Communication Solutions Product Owner
Posted on Aug 20 Hudson, OH 38 views
You’ll do all this in an environment of excellence and the highest ethical standards – a place where values such as integrity, inclusive diversity and accountability are paramount. We empower every employee to lead, drive change and give back where they work and live. Our people are our greatest strength, and we work as one team in service of our customers and communities.
Everything we do at Allstate is driven by a shared purpose: to protect people from life’s uncertainties so they can realize their hopes and dreams. For more than 89 years we’ve thrived by staying a step ahead of whatever’s coming next – to give customers peace of mind no matter what changes they face. We acted with conviction to advocate for seat belts, air bags and graduated driving laws. We help give survivors of domestic violence a voice through financial empowerment. We’ve been an industry leader in pricing sophistication, telematics, digital photo claims and, more recently, device and identity protection. We are the Good Hands. We don’t follow the trends. We set them.
It’s an exciting time to be part of the Allstate Compute Services. In this role you will work beside top IT talent in a highly collaborative culture, while also getting to learn about new technology and making a huge impact on Allstate! You will be accountable for building and leading a team of Engineers and communicators that focus on delivering the best collaboration & communication solutions to Allstate’s end user.
- You are passionate about building products that drive customer satisfaction & loyalty
- You measure success by delivering working software and end user satisfaction
- You have a desire to reimagine our business for the customer’s benefit
- You are comfortable with ambiguity, and even use it to drive better ideas, work and success
In this role you would help to define, deliver, and manage the engineering lifecycle of one or more shared products powering our digital product platforms; this includes the contribution to product roadmaps, identification of assumptions, managing of partner relationships, and facilitation of technical/architectural decisions. Additionally, you would also be responsible for actively participating in our learning culture including coaching and mentoring staff, stakeholders, and peers.
- This role is both a delivery and leadership position and will have accountability for multiple activities, such as employee hiring, development, performance management, recognition, and succession planning.
- Responsible for building out the end-end SaaS service and associated management and administration structures
- Design & establish support model for Collaboration & conferencing services in conjunction with the product and support teams
- Design and build of all virtual and in room collaboration solutions
- Working with Governance and Security in relation to Identity & Access Management
- Coordination with vendors such as Microsoft, Zoom, Cisco and others in relation to new products & features
- 5+ years broad infrastructure experience is required and experience managing customers as a product or service provider; and
- A clear understanding of cloud services, deployment models, and distributed systems
- Demonstrable experience should include accountability for all aspects of leading an Enterprise organization including people processes, client/partner relationships, work processes and delivery of technology products at enterprise level; and
- Experience working through change & learning new technologies; and
- Experience establishing and building teams to deliver new services; and
- Strong technical leadership abilities; and
- Bachelors' Degree with technical study or equivalent experience.
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary – but that’s just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you’ll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy. For a full description of Allstate’s benefits, visit allstate.jobs/benefits/
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click “here” for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click “here” for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
To view the “EEO is the Law” poster click “here”. This poster provides information concerning the laws and procedures for filing complaints of violations of the laws with the Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs
To view the FMLA poster, click “here”. This poster summarizing the major provisions of the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) and telling employees how to file a complaint.
It is the Company’s policy to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs. Therefore, any discriminatory action taken on account of an employee’s ancestry, age, color, disability, genetic information, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual and reproductive health decision, marital status, medical condition, military or veteran status, national origin, race (include traits historically associated with race, including, but not limited to, hair texture and protective hairstyles), religion (including religious dress), sex, or sexual orientation that adversely affects an employee's terms or conditions of employment is prohibited. This policy applies to all aspects of the employment relationship, including, but not limited to, hiring, training, salary administration, promotion, job assignment, benefits, discipline, and separation of employment.