The Travelers Companies, Inc.
Cybersecurity Technologist – Investigations eDiscovery
Posted on Aug 31 Hartford, CT 301 views
Taking care of our customers, our communities and each other. That’s the Travelers Promise. By honoring this commitment, we have maintained our reputation as one of the best property casualty insurers in the industry for over 160 years. Join us to discover a culture that is rooted in innovation and thrives on collaboration. Imagine loving what you do and where you do it.
Job Description Summary
The Cybersecurity eDiscovery team at Travelers has an exciting opportunity for a Cybersecurity professional to support our internal investigations process. This involves working closely with internal stakeholders including Travelers Internal Investigations, Employee Relations and Legal Litigation group, to conduct eDiscovery of Electronically Stored Information (ESI). Activities include electronic file location, collection, preservation and processing, digital forensic analysis, packaging evidence, and creating findings reports. The successful candidate may also participate in other Cybersecurity related initiatives.
Travelers offers a hybrid work location model that is designed to support flexibility.
Primary Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Support internal investigations by locating, collecting, processing, and analyzing relevant digital evidence from a variety of data sources, such as: Email archives, Shared network folders, Hard drives, Data storage and repositories, Infrastructure and application logs, Mobile phones/Tablets/USB storage, and Cloud sources like M365.
- Keep close to the changing industry and technology landscapes and create and maintain roadmaps for responsible function.
- Select, procure, and keep current investigation and forensic toolsets based on current and future requirements.
- Assist with creation and implementation of data preservation policies and procedures.
- Processes data for loading into hosted review platforms.
- Prepare data deliverables, timelines of events, and evidence analysis reports.
- Validate accuracy of collected data and perform quality checks per documented processes.
- Explain investigation findings to management and a variety of stakeholders.
- Identify gaps in collection and preservation processes, troubleshoot technical issues and recommend improvements.
- Identify and communicate issues as encountered.
- Investigate and evaluate data loss incidents and alerts and escalate when necessary.
- Evaluate data loss risk and propose/implement mitigating controls.
- Prepare monthly data loss reports and present to management.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Three years of work experience within Computer Science or a related field required.
Education, Work Experience, & Knowledge
- Bachelor’s Degree in a STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Math) discipline preferred.
- Five years of relevant experience with Cybersecurity practices, processes, and Cybersecurity event investigation/resolution preferred.
- Preferred experience in any of the following capacities: Digital forensics, legal eDiscovery and litigation support, Data Loss Prevention.
- EnCE, CFE, CISSP certifications preferred.
Job Specific Technical Skills & Competencies
- Ability to maintain confidentiality, need-to-know, and chain of custody protocols.
- Can perform strategic thinking for portfolio and create strategy/roadmap to review with and collaborate with stakeholders
- Detail orientated.
- Working knowledge of PC functions and Windows environment.
- Working knowledge of Mac computers; ability to collect and analyze data.
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Access is required to perform data collection and to create deliverables.
- Experience with some of the following preferred: SQL, SQL+, MS-Access, PowerShell, Python, Perl, Nuix, EnCase (eDiscovery or Investigator), Axiom, Cellebrite, AccessData FTK.
- Experience with keywords search tools and technologies.
- Knowledge of digital forensics principles and techniques.
- Detailed oriented and self-motivated to complete tasks that may be of a high volume.
- Ability to coordinate multiple priorities and meet competing deadline.
- Good and effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work as part of a team as well as independently.
- Willing to work flexible schedules to meet deliverable deadlines.
- Demonstrates sound analytic and diagnostic skills dealing with issues that are loosely defined and/or where information is available but must be further manipulated.
- Builds relationships with peers and other departments to achieve objectives, to work as one team and to secure necessary resources not under his/her personal control.
- Balances team and individual responsibilities.
- Exhibits objectivity and openness to others’ views.
- Supports a distinct business unit or several smaller functions.
- Works with the project manager in identifying those project tasks that are most important, establishes clear priorities and understands the larger picture.
Environmental / Work Schedules / Other
- On call as needed.
Travelers is an equal opportunity employer. We value the unique abilities and talents each individual brings to our organization and recognize that we benefit in numerous ways from our differences.
If you are a candidate and have specific questions regarding the physical requirements of this role, please send us an email so we may assist you.
Travelers reserves the right to fill this position at a level above or below the level included in this posting.