The Travelers Companies, Inc.
Posted on Sep 3 Hartford, CT 1 view
Taking care of our customers, our communities and each other. That’s the Travelers Promise. By honoring this commitment, we have maintained our reputation as one of the best property casualty insurers in the industry for over 160 years. Join us to discover a culture that is rooted in innovation and thrives on collaboration. Imagine loving what you do and where you do it.
Job Description Summary
Under moderate supervision provide support and direction to Contact Center/Claim Center Management Team in the areas of Contact Center/Claim Center forecasting, scheduling and capacity planning, and/or intraday management to make the best use of time, people and systems to meet the needs of the customers. This position does not lead others.
Primary Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Analyze and prepare preset reports/MI data for Management Team and ad hoc managerial information as needed. Highlight prevalent information for management and when appropriate, make recommendations.
- Analyze and present daily staffing plans and anticipated call volumes to determine incremental staffing needs.
- Gather and analyze current and historical call data to prepare daily, weekly and monthly capacity plans used to forecast scheduling and staffing for the teams.
- Communicate variances and drivers from prior results.
- Prepare and/or revise forecasts to allow for appropriate shifts in workload based upon demand and supply variables.
- Monitor system and proactively assist management in dealing with real time adherence,unexpected workload and/or call volume variations.
- Analyze data from call management system to enact appropriate strategy to divert calls and/or staff to meet work standards and customer expectations.
- Communicate impact of strategy.
- Participate in Contact Center/Claim Center and Workforce technology testing including validation of system updates/changes.
- Document processes and procedures. Make recommendations when processes and procedures should be updated. Communication changes to appropriate audience.
- Other duties as assigned.
- This position does not lead others.
- Minimum college degree or commensurate 2 years work experience in information management, finance, statistical analysis, Workforce Management, Claim or Contact Center experience.
- Solid knowledge of Microsoft applications including Excel, Word and PowerPoint is required.
Education, Work Experience, & Knowledge
- Working knowledge of contact center operations
- Property Casualty insurance product and systems knowledge is preferred.
Job Specific Technical Skills & Competencies
- Detail Focus
- Innovative perspective
- Proficient organization and time management skills
- Self-starter, self-motivator, self-disciplined
- knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Access, a plus
- Experience with Aspect, a plus
- Ability to effectively multi-task required
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to promote as well as contribute to a team environment
- Strong customer service focus
Environmental / Work Schedules / Other
- Operates standard office equipment
- Requires extended periods of computer use
- Requires extended periods of sitting
Travelers is an equal opportunity employer. We value the unique abilities and talents each individual brings to our organization and recognize that we benefit in numerous ways from our differences.
If you are a candidate and have specific questions regarding the physical requirements of this role, please send us an email so we may assist you.
Travelers reserves the right to fill this position at a level above or below the level included in this posting.