Client Relationship Senior Manager - Voluntary Benefits (Remote - Home Based Work)
Posted on Sep 10 Northbrook, IL 2 views
You’ll do all this in an environment of excellence and the highest ethical standards – a place where values such as integrity, inclusive diversity and accountability are paramount. We empower every employee to lead, drive change and give back where they work and live. Our people are our greatest strength, and we work as one team in service of our customers and communities.
Everything we do at Allstate is driven by a shared purpose: to protect people from life’s uncertainties so they can realize their hopes and dreams. For more than 89 years we’ve thrived by staying a step ahead of whatever’s coming next – to give customers peace of mind no matter what changes they face. We acted with conviction to advocate for seat belts, air bags and graduated driving laws. We help give survivors of domestic violence a voice through financial empowerment. We’ve been an industry leader in pricing sophistication, telematics, digital photo claims and, more recently, device and identity protection. We are the Good Hands. We don’t follow the trends. We set them.
Compensation range for this position is $100,000 - $150,000 base pay per year, based on experience and qualifications. Other compensation includes target bonus.
The Broker Channel team consists of dedicated sales professionals who are responsible for increasing sales and account penetration within the independent agent and broker distribution channel for the small, mid and large market account segment.
This Client Relationship Manager position will act as liaison between the Sales Consultant, Broker, Client and AB Implementation and account management teams.
The Client Relationship Manager will partner with the AB Account Management team, the employer HR team and Broker/Consultants to ensure the successful implementation of the case specific initiatives as well as the development and maintenance of the overall broker and account relationships.
The focus of the Client Relationship Manager role will be to assist the SC, AVP and FVP sales team to proactively manage and grow blocks of business while securing new opportunities provided by the agents and brokers with whom they work.
In addition, the role is responsible for building and growing the inforce block of business by managing the overall relationships with the intent of preserving those accounts and increasing in force premium driven by new products and increased penetration. The Client Relationship Manager’s performance will be based upon block sold case targets and retention rates as well as performance-based client surveys.
- Oversight of implementation, ongoing account management and introduction of new product and service innovations to client block. Attend Implementation Manager’s calls with client, act as liaison between home office Broker Channel sales team with any sales related questions or concerns to include products, rates, enrollment technology, working conditions and program customizations.
- Act as point of contact on an ongoing basis for client broker management teams.
- Resolves complex questions/issues and refers other inquiries to appropriate areas as needed. Follow up to resolution.
- Conduct quarterly status and annual stewardship meetings to include presentation and reporting preparation.
- Manage renewal process to include presenting new products, discussing ways to increase participation, securing rate guarantees and underwriting and ensuring marketing and technology is updated.
- Demonstrates a comprehensive understanding of specific company processes and products to portray confidence and credibility to customers.
- Ability to successfully complete complex customer conversations including but not limited to: billing, customer escalations, cross-sell initiatives, effective selling and influencing techniques.
- Develops subject matter expertise and remains current on AB products, systems and enrollment technology partners.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in client facing role.
- Voluntary benefits experience preferred.
- Preferred candidate will have at least 5 years of either sales and/or account management experience with voluntary insurance benefits.
- College degree or equivalent experience required.
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary – but that’s just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you’ll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy. For a full description of Allstate’s benefits, visit allstate.jobs/benefits/
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click “here” for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click “here” for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
To view the “EEO is the Law” poster click “here”. This poster provides information concerning the laws and procedures for filing complaints of violations of the laws with the Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs
To view the FMLA poster, click “here”. This poster summarizing the major provisions of the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) and telling employees how to file a complaint.
It is the Company’s policy to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs. Therefore, any discriminatory action taken on account of an employee’s ancestry, age, color, disability, genetic information, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual and reproductive health decision, marital status, medical condition, military or veteran status, national origin, race (include traits historically associated with race, including, but not limited to, hair texture and protective hairstyles), religion (including religious dress), sex, or sexual orientation that adversely affects an employee's terms or conditions of employment is prohibited. This policy applies to all aspects of the employment relationship, including, but not limited to, hiring, training, salary administration, promotion, job assignment, benefits, discipline, and separation of employment.