The Travelers Companies, Inc.
Manager of Imaging, Mail and Print Operations
Posted on Sep 10 Saint Paul, MN 1 view
Taking care of our customers, our communities and each other. That’s the Travelers Promise. By honoring this commitment, we have maintained our reputation as one of the best property casualty insurers in the industry for over 160 years. Join us to discover a culture that is rooted in innovation and thrives on collaboration. Imagine loving what you do and where you do it.
Job Description Summary
Under general direction, the Business Center Team Manager provides guidance and direction in leading a business center team (center support, phones or account/policy processing) to ensure achievement of team goals and financial objectives. Leads assigned team to reach the overall organization objectives and operational excellence.
Primary Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Develops strong relationships with multiple business units and cross functional teams.
- Leads and/or participates in business strategy and to continually enhance operational effectiveness and achieve business objectives.
- Accountable for workload, workflow, and customer service to maximize efficiency.
- May be individually accountable for a line(s) of business, functions or multiple business units that span across a region.
- Accountable for attracting, retaining and developing talent and coordination of onboarding and training.
- Accountable for decisions related to hiring, termination and compensation.
- Drive and manage day-to-day activities to meet production goals, ensure compliance, audit, performance and quality standards are achieved and maintained at defined service level agreements utilizing all available resources in a cost effective manner.
- Coaches employees toward business performance standards, individual performance and development objectives.
- Works with the command center/workforce administration to meet service levels as applicable.
- Continually look for improvements in workflows, processes, and data.
- Drive results by implementing appropriate performance expectations / management through effective coaching and mentoring.
- Assists leadership team in managing team expenses.
- Supports and implements emerging business plans and strategies.
- Proactively builds favorable business relationships with internal and external customers.
- Leads and/or participates on special projects.
- Stays abreast of new product information and system changes. Leads the effective implementation of new technologies and the utilization of existing systems and provide management information reports as required.
- Monitors operations to ensure compliance with governmental requirements external environment and competitive landscape.
- Engages directly with BI Operations Sourcing Team and vendor partners.
- 2 years experience in an insurance, operations or call center environment required.
Education, Work Experience, & Knowledge
- College degree preferred.
- Knowledge of commercial print and imaging equipment
- 3 years experience in an insurance, operations, or call center environment preferred.
- 2 years of management experience preferred.
- Advanced knowledge of business products, processes and procedures.
- Advanced communication, negotiation leadership and people development skills.
- Advanced performance management and problem solving skills.
Job Specific Technical Skills & Competencies
- Strong knowledge of product and associated processes.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Effectively communicate with business partners, peers and all leadership levels
- Demonstrates solid performance management skills.
- Strong keyboard and systems navigation skills
- Skillful with Word and Excel
- Knowledge of business center/insurance operations.
- Superior customer service and policy service skills.
- Solid interpersonal and negotiation skills.
- Strong Problem solving skills.
- Shares information and can maintain confidentiality
- Change Leadership: Ability to effectively lead rapid change
- Teamwork: Collaboration across operations organization
- Models the way for employees
- Consistently sets clear direction by defining goals and priorities
- Can make quick informed decisions
- Develops a high degree of trust through demonstrated personal integrity, ethics and commitment to doing the right thing
- Motivates others to achieve the highest standards
- Customer Focus:
- Identifies customer needs and takes appropriate action to meet those needs.
- Acts with a sense of urgency.
- Demonstrates a commitment to superior service.
- Demonstrates a strong knowledge of the internal and external conditions that have the potential to affect customer service.
- Business Knowledge:
- Solid knowledge of Policy Services functions, procedures, policies, etc.
- Understanding of the Property Casualty insurance business: products, field operations and support systems and any related challenges.
- Resource Management:
- Utilizes available external and internal resources to meet needs and expectations while remaining within approved budget.
- Continually seeks ways to implement expense reduction initiatives and/or produce work more efficiently while ensuring that Operations objectives are met.
- Hires competent people.
- Challenges employees to take responsibility for their performance and their development.
- Takes responsibility for decisions and actions.
- Manages own work and directs the work of others.
- Effectively coaches and mentors staff; delegates responsibility.
- Understands the business and responds to all related issues, concerns and proactively problems.
- Resource Management;
- Business Knowledge (accounting, underwriting, agency);
- Systems knowledge (policy issuance, billing, MI);
- Agency Management/Project Management;
- Demonstrated leadership and strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to evaluate and determine planning and forecasting needs
Environmental / Work Schedules / Other
- Travel Requirements: Travel Occasionally
Travelers is an equal opportunity employer. We value the unique abilities and talents each individual brings to our organization and recognize that we benefit in numerous ways from our differences.
If you are a candidate and have specific questions regarding the physical requirements of this role, please send us an email so we may assist you.
Travelers reserves the right to fill this position at a level above or below the level included in this posting.