HR-Inclusive Diversity Manager (OneTen)
Posted on Sep 14 Chicago, IL 6 views
You’ll do all this in an environment of excellence and the highest ethical standards – a place where values such as integrity, inclusive diversity and accountability are paramount. We empower every employee to lead, drive change and give back where they work and live. Our people are our greatest strength, and we work as one team in service of our customers and communities.
Everything we do at Allstate is driven by a shared purpose: to protect people from life’s uncertainties so they can realize their hopes and dreams. For more than 89 years we’ve thrived by staying a step ahead of whatever’s coming next – to give customers peace of mind no matter what changes they face. We acted with conviction to advocate for seat belts, air bags and graduated driving laws. We help give survivors of domestic violence a voice through financial empowerment. We’ve been an industry leader in pricing sophistication, telematics, digital photo claims and, more recently, device and identity protection. We are the Good Hands. We don’t follow the trends. We set them.
Are you passionate about building a workforce that is Inclusive, Diverse, and Equitable? And, have you been successful at developing relationships with executives, business leaders and external partners while leading a large enterprise program? Does the prospect of creating and leading a diversity recruiting and advancement program for a Fortune 100 organization that will have a direct impact on reinventing how we attract and hire top notch talent and future leaders of an organization “fire you up”? Then, Allstate has an opportunity for you!
As part of our diverse and dynamic Inclusive Diversity & Equity team supporting the enterprise, you will have the opportunity to make big, bold changes across the organization in how they recruit, hire, train and develop entry-level talent.
As the OneTen Operational Lead/HR Inclusive Diversity Consultant, you will be responsible for driving the operationalization of OneTen efforts across the enterprise and acting as the primary point of contact between Allstate and OneTen. OneTen is a coalition of approximately 50 companies that have a mission to hire 1M Black Americans over the next 10 years into jobs that pay a family sustaining wage and do not require a 4-year degree. You will work with Executive Sponsors to gather support across the enterprise and the project team on implementation of the Apprentice Program, Skills-First Hiring and Employer City Lead workstreams. This includes aggregating hiring and upskilling demand from business leaders and identifying and communicating OneTen-fit roles. You will also partner with external companies, local government, community leaders and talent developers to build local and virtual strategies and execution plans in support of OneTen’s coalition expansion. Additionally, you will manage external resources, tools communications, and maintain benchmarking and external intelligence. Through this role, you will have the ability to flex both your organizational and creativity muscles through the design and execution of our programs.
You will act as not only the Program Lead, but also a consistent mentor, coach and career advisor for OneTen hires to ensure they have the best experience beginning their careers at Allstate.
- Work as a business expert, identifying opportunities to partner with leaders to support the organization's talent goals and objectives in partnership with OneTen.
- Serve as portfolio manager for OneTen leading complex/critical program execution.
- Build cross-functional partnerships with leaders, HR Business Partners, Enterprise Learning and Development, Corporate Relations and other stakeholders to execute on project objectives.
- Conduct training needs assessments; analyze employee training needs to determine requirements for new program development.
- Conduct ongoing evaluations to ensure effectiveness of programs and recommend modifications as necessary.
- Responsible for assembling project team, assigning individual responsibilities, identifying appropriate resources needed, and developing schedule to ensure timely completion of work.
- Leverage quantitative, qualitative and trend data to draw conclusions and help to drive business results.
- Create metrics for performance analysis, measures of success, performance support, assessment and evaluation.
- Design complex or advanced presentations/materials and communications for audiences at multiple internal/external levels as needed.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 7+ years of related experience
- Proven ability to interact and communicate effectively, with internal and external stakeholders
- Proven ability to work autonomously, take ownership and make advanced individual decision making that will serve the candidate, client and business
- Proven track record of being detail-oriented and organized to complete multiple projects on multiple timelines
- Advanced ability to leverage learned technical skills in support of team objectives
- Advanced conflict management and problem resolution skills in managing internal and external customer relationships
- Advanced problem-solving skills to continuously improve business outcomes
- Work within complex and occasionally highly complex assignments requiring specialized knowledge in breadth and/or depth in area of expertise
- Comprehensive knowledge of federal, state and local employment laws and statuses
The salary range for this role is $110,000 - $140,000 + Bonus. Offers will be commensurate with experience.
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary – but that’s just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you’ll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy. For a full description of Allstate’s benefits, visit allstate.jobs/benefits/
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click “here” for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click “here” for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
To view the “EEO is the Law” poster click “here”. This poster provides information concerning the laws and procedures for filing complaints of violations of the laws with the Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs
To view the FMLA poster, click “here”. This poster summarizing the major provisions of the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) and telling employees how to file a complaint.
It is the Company’s policy to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs. Therefore, any discriminatory action taken on account of an employee’s ancestry, age, color, disability, genetic information, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual and reproductive health decision, marital status, medical condition, military or veteran status, national origin, race (include traits historically associated with race, including, but not limited to, hair texture and protective hairstyles), religion (including religious dress), sex, or sexual orientation that adversely affects an employee's terms or conditions of employment is prohibited. This policy applies to all aspects of the employment relationship, including, but not limited to, hiring, training, salary administration, promotion, job assignment, benefits, discipline, and separation of employment.