Willis Towers Watson
Posted on Sep 19 Boston, MA 64 views
Note that visa employment-based non-immigrant visa sponsorship and/or assistance is not offered for this specific job opportunity.
As a Reward Analyst, you will work side-by-side with some of the industry’s top consultants while you develop technical knowledge and experience working with a variety of clients across all industries. You will have immediate exposure to real client assignments which will draw upon your ability to solve complex issues, analyze data, formulate conclusions, present your findings and socialize potential solutions. Working within teams, you will collaborate with colleagues with a similar interest in human resources strategies and be exposed to other segments of Willis Towers Watson.
- Our projects range in scope from specific projects (e.g., base pay program design, job evaluation, incentive plan design, pay level benchmarking, goal-setting methodology development, performance management program design, custom benchmarking surveys) to broad cross-segment engagements such as total rewards strategy and total rewards optimization.
Regular activities of the role:
- Partnering with consultants and clients to design philosophies and strategies to attract, reward and retain talent
- Helping clients ensure that their reward programs are market competitive by performing benchmarking analyses
- Performing industry, company and financial research
- Keeping aware of legal, regulatory and legislative trends that impact corporate governance and compensation design trends
- Modeling the outcome of pay structures and conducting financial impact analyses of alternative plan designs
- Developing, analyzing and calibrating executive and broad-based incentive plan designs that reinforce an organization’s business strategy
- Valuing equity awards through the application of financial formulas
- Preparing documents to present the team’s analytical work to client audiences
- Increasing efficiency within client teams by identifying ways to improve processes
- In the process of obtaining a Bachelor’s Degree in business, economics, finance, mathematics or any other major with significant quantitative course work, and minimum GPA of 3.3
- Work experience that demonstrates strong technical and/or client service skills (analyst type of internship preferred)
- Passion for solving problems and sharing solutions to exceed the standards of the client
- Ability to be a self-starter and work independently, but also cooperatively in a close team environment
- Strong financial literacy is highly preferred
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and a demonstrated ability to interact with colleagues at all levels
- Excellent Microsoft Office skills, particularly in Excel
EEO, including disability/vets