People Readiness Manager (Remote/Home-Based Worker)
Posted on Oct 6 Northbrook, IL 139 views
You’ll do all this in an environment of excellence and the highest ethical standards – a place where values such as integrity, inclusive diversity and accountability are paramount. We empower every employee to lead, drive change and give back where they work and live. Our people are our greatest strength, and we work as one team in service of our customers and communities.
Everything we do at Allstate is driven by a shared purpose: to protect people from life’s uncertainties so they can realize their hopes and dreams. For more than 89 years we’ve thrived by staying a step ahead of whatever’s coming next – to give customers peace of mind no matter what changes they face. We acted with conviction to advocate for seat belts, air bags and graduated driving laws. We help give survivors of domestic violence a voice through financial empowerment. We’ve been an industry leader in pricing sophistication, telematics, digital photo claims and, more recently, device and identity protection. We are the Good Hands. We don’t follow the trends. We set them.
The manager position is responsible for leading the Attract and Acquire component of the People Readiness value stream supporting a system mindset (end to end approach) for obtaining new employees and vended resources into the organization. Areas of responsibility will include close partnership with the Delivery organizations to identify needs, talent acquisition to acquire talent while streamlining the process, procurement to determine options for potential sourcing solutions for upstaffing and the Design organization to build out the structure required to support anticipated work onboarding in the near term. Tracks of work would include but are not limited to identifying and acquiring talent (internal and external), removing waste from the People Readiness Value Stream, determining support structure and roles required as we expand our footprint to support various initiatives. This role has varying degrees of complexity as the position requires both service operations and strategic AOR partnership presence. This includes direct reporting relationships, virtual, and AOR relationship responsibility.
- Develops strategies for continuous improvement necessary to positively impact the employee sourcing and selection, training
- Leads efforts to improve speed to proficiency and waste elimination in the attract and acquire components of the People Readiness Value stream through experiential practices and process changes
- In partnership with all Value Stream collaborators, materially improves the delivery and quality of “productive” representatives
- Serves as resource (SME) with other AORs which may influence decision making for value streams
- Determines options on how to source talent, utilizing vended solutions as appropriate
- Monitors health of the Attract & Acquire component of the People Readiness Value Stream; develops appropriate metrics for supporting organizational success
- Extensive experience with Continuous Improvement, lean management, and business execution practices; leverage CI methodologies (e.g. weekly huddles, standard process, coaching and RCPS) to coordinate all functional areas and teams required to achieve and improve end-to-end value stream outcomes
- Influences by providing appropriate direction, coordinating multiple strategic activities, monitoring program effectiveness and department performance, formulating and implementing action plans
- Coordinates program management including strategy development, communication, and analysis, providing actionable recommendations
- Demonstrates a proactive approach and establishes the position as an effective consensus builder among stakeholders/interested parties
- Establishes high performance standards for self, teams, and others; determines ways to measure accountability across the value stream
- Encourages and actively pursues creative problem solving and enables others to challenge conventional processes or practices
Education and Experience
- 5+ years of experience preferably in contact center service operations
- Management and leadership experience required
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Knowledge of broad strategic frameworks to help shape and drive strategy formation and drive discussions and alignment across senior leadership teams
- Demonstrated track record of innovative change and implementation resulting in high levels of employee engagement and development, operational efficiencies yielding business value
- Experience in Talent Acquisition and aggressive, large scale hiring efforts
- Ability to lead diverse teams, both local and remote, and influencing business decision making across functions, within highly matrixed organizational structures
- Experience leading teams that leverage Continuous Improvement methodology and Value Stream management
- Strong knowledge / background in vended resource attainment and crafting Statements of Work, driven by procurement
- Ability to develop and articulate a compelling vision and generate consensus for decision making
- Proven ability to influence decision making across large organizations and effectively drive and achieve business results
- Possesses interpersonal and partnership skills
- Advanced verbal and written communication skills
- Systems thinking
Compensation range for this position is $91,800 to $159,300 per year, based on experience and qualifications. Other compensation includes AIP bonus.
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary – but that’s just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you’ll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy. For a full description of Allstate’s benefits, visit allstate.jobs/benefits/
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click “here” for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click “here” for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
To view the “EEO is the Law” poster click “here”. This poster provides information concerning the laws and procedures for filing complaints of violations of the laws with the Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs
To view the FMLA poster, click “here”. This poster summarizing the major provisions of the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) and telling employees how to file a complaint.
It is the Company’s policy to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs. Therefore, any discriminatory action taken on account of an employee’s ancestry, age, color, disability, genetic information, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual and reproductive health decision, marital status, medical condition, military or veteran status, national origin, race (include traits historically associated with race, including, but not limited to, hair texture and protective hairstyles), religion (including religious dress), sex, or sexual orientation that adversely affects an employee's terms or conditions of employment is prohibited. This policy applies to all aspects of the employment relationship, including, but not limited to, hiring, training, salary administration, promotion, job assignment, benefits, discipline, and separation of employment.