The Travelers Companies, Inc.
Sales Advisor - Small Commercial Insurance
Posted on Oct 13 Charlotte, NC 629 views
Taking care of our customers, our communities and each other. That’s the Travelers Promise. By honoring this commitment, we have maintained our reputation as one of the best property casualty insurers in the industry for over 160 years. Join us to discover a culture that is rooted in innovation and thrives on collaboration. Imagine loving what you do and where you do it.
Job Description Summary
As a member of the Business Insurance Operations team, this position provides holistic solutions to our customers making Travelers the undeniable carrier of choice. The Sales Advisor is responsible for successfully executing the sales process and regularly engages sales building activities that drive the overall revenue for our business. Consults and counsels with agents and prospective customers via telephone & email to sell Commercial Lines Small Business products. Leads will be generated based on pre-established agency relationships. Sales Advisors will be assigned leads as well as encouraged to develop agency partnerships to promote increased lead activity. Utilizes strong understanding of Travelers Commercial Lines Small Business products and underwriting guidelines to gather required customer information, evaluate and properly classify individual risks. Accountable for providing information and making recommendations about our products in an easy and understandable way to move the sales process forward. Represents Travelers in a positive manner while identifying needs, overcoming objections and closing sales as appropriate. Attains operational goals with a strong emphasize on sales, cross sell and quality. In this role, sales advisors need to be solution focused, growth-oriented with a strong desire to succeed and motivated to fulfill our customer's needs. Participate in an in-depth new hire training program and continuous development designed to ensure: - Thorough understanding of how our systems work - Advanced knowledge of offerings, products and coverages - The Travelers mission and purpose is understood, applied and modeled for others , use computer systems to process transactions and interact with our customers through a variety of channels (phone, email).
Work Schedule is Monday - Friday 8:30 - 5:00 CST
Travelers offers a hybrid work location model that is designed to support flexibility.
Primary Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Counsel customers and sell commercial insurance policies utilizing advanced knowledge of sales techniques, products and market place trends across all states.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with Sales Associates, Underwriters, Agents and Customers to build rapport and support delivery of an effective customer experience.
- Handle objections professionally while clearly articulating relevant product and Travelers features, benefits, and value to the consumer.
- Leverage proprietary systems, standardized processes/procedures and authority level to produce and sell a quality product within established timeframes.
- Efficiently research on-line resources to support the underwriting, rating, coverage identification and sales process.
- Adjust communication style in order to promptly and professionally obtain additional information from agents and customers related to completing the quote, closing sale and issuing policies via their preferred method of communication; e.g. email and phone.
- Utilize available published best practices as well as experience and knowledge to decline, modify, rate, quote and sell accounts.
- Analyze account to determine applicable credits to support improved sales outcomes.
- Collaborate with underwriting to identify additional underwriting information needed and arrive at eligibility and pricing decisions for individual risks that align with Travelers strategy.
- Multi-task and manage workflow from various sources (external campaign partners, internal transfers) and channels (inbound/ outbound phone and email).
- Achieve and maintain the minimum required quality, underwriting and sales metrics while consistently striving to improve performance.
- Adhere to audit and compliance requirements.
- Receive and implement constructive feedback in the form of professional coaching.
- Advance the business by being a key contributor to projects and initiatives aimed at increasing operational efficiency and other duties as assigned.
- May mentor peers and assist in new hire training.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum of 2 years of Insurance Industry work experience.
- Intermediate Microsoft Office software skills.
- Advanced level verbal and written communication skills.
Education, Work Experience, & Knowledge
- Intermediate or advanced sales aptitude preferred.
- Ability to build and maintain professional and positive relationships.
- Comprehensive knowledge of Commercial Insurance products preferred.
- Ability to demonstrate a positive and professional demeanor to counsel, sell and build rapport with customers, agents, peers and leadership.
- Ability to act with a sense of urgency and effectively multi-task in a production-based environment.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment, including working with remote peers and leadership.
- Strong organization and time management skills.
Licensing or Certificates
- Travelers is committed to a positive customer experience that exceeds expectations and to meeting all compliance requirements. As a result, Travelers requires that all Sales Counselors/Consultants/Coverage Specialists/Advisors obtain and maintain an insurance license (either Property and Casualty or Personal Lines) in your resident state.
- In addition, a nonresident license is required for each state in which incumbent will be conducting business. Each state will evaluate any/all criminal and financial background incidents to determine license eligibility. Applicants with a felony conviction or pending/unresolved court cases may not qualify for licenses in all required states.
- It is incumbents’ responsibility to provide any/all required court documents needed to obtain your license(s). Travelers does not pay for and/or reimburse the cost or time needed to obtain any documents necessary to complete licensing applications.
- Failure to obtain any required licenses within six (6) months from date of hire or entry date into the Sales role may result in termination of employment.
Job Specific Technical Skills & Competencies
- Sales Oriented: Basic skills or aptitude, relentless desire to succeed in their career and are motivated to help our customers.
- Teamwork & Collaboration: Establishes strong relationships and networks within Select Business and Underwriting Centers, the Travelers Enterprise and externally.
- Analytical, Problem Solving & Decision Making: Manages own work; takes responsibility for decisions and actions; quantitative reasoning, critical thinking skills. Strategic and independent thinking.
- Communication: Advanced interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
- Organization: Strong organization and time management skills ‐ Ability to manage multiple tasks; prioritize and work effectively in a fast paced, decision-oriented environment.
- Change Management: Adaptable and able to thrive in a changing environment.
- Technology Skills: able to learn and navigate multiple systems in a paperless environment.
- Customer Experience: Provide excellent customer service to agents and internal business partners ensuring they feel secured, respected and cared for.
- Active Listening: Demonstrate strong active listening skills to identify and resolve customer problems or objections.
- Results and Solution Oriented: Compelling drive and high energy level, hardworking, reliable with strong learning capability and willingness to help in any way to support business objectives.
Travelers is an equal opportunity employer. We value the unique abilities and talents each individual brings to our organization and recognize that we benefit in numerous ways from our differences.
If you are a candidate and have specific questions regarding the physical requirements of this role, please send us an email so we may assist you.
Travelers reserves the right to fill this position at a level above or below the level included in this posting.
To learn more about our comprehensive benefit programs please visit http://careers.travelers.com/life-at-travelers/benefits/.