The Travelers Companies, Inc.
Sr. Consultant, Human Capital Analytics/People Analytics
Posted on Oct 26 Hartford, CT 76 views
Taking care of our customers, our communities and each other. That’s the Travelers Promise. By honoring this commitment, we have maintained our reputation as one of the best property casualty insurers in the industry for over 160 years. Join us to discover a culture that is rooted in innovation and thrives on collaboration. Imagine loving what you do and where you do it.
Job Description Summary
We are looking for a passionate and results-focused HR Analytics Partner to support the ongoing consultative needs of our lines of business across Travelers.
This position will sit in Human Resources and own the relationship between HR Analytics and a line of business. The candidate will work in partnership with the broader team to leverage best practices and common resources.
This Business Performance Analytics Sr. Consultant will work as both a technical business resource and an analyst to help prioritize requirements based on value and effort, perform data analyses, and drive actionable insights. The successful candidate is organized, self-motivated, enjoys analyzing large datasets, and has demonstrated the ability to support multiple projects simultaneously.
Core responsibilities will include:
• Develop a thorough understanding of available data across Travelers and collaborate with data owners to design, consolidate and present information
• Use a variety of analytic methods to explore hypothesis/gain insight
• Communicate insights across HR, Line of Business and Enterprise audiences using data visualization and storytelling skills
• Develop data visualizations in tools like Qlik to manage insights, trends and issue tracking, team performance and employee productivity
This position may be based 100% remotely or in one of our offices.
Primary Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Uses analytics to explain business results, monitor business strategies and identify actionable opportunities
- Uses data visualization and storytelling skills to effectively communicate insights
- With direction, leverages industry best practices, market data and technology trends to identify business opportunities
- Effectively works with cross functional teams on varying business initiatives
- Provides information that can help influence business strategy and help to prioritize investments based on translating insights to business value
- Collaborates with IT and data management teams to ensure correct data is persisted for business-critical analysis
- Can manipulate raw data and work towards the ultimate design required to meet business requests
- Interpret data to recognize patterns, analyze trends and make recommendations
- Completes reasonability and validation tests
- Supports Proofs of Concept to inform business strategies
- Monitors performance indicators and identifies possible improvements
- Supports assessment of the financial impact of recommendations
- Two years of business analytics experience required.
Education, Work Experience, & Knowledge
- Bachelor’s degree in STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics) or Economics, Human Resources preferred.
- 2+ years of analytics or related experience
- 2+ years working successfully with Microsoft office products or similar products
- 2+ years working successfully with data visualization tools like Qlik, Tableau or Power BI
Job Specific Technical Skills & Competencies
- Demonstrated intermediate analytic and diagnostic skills
- Demonstrated ability to analyze and communicate findings in non-technical terms
- Experience with descriptive analytic practices and processes
- Excellent time management skills, and collaborative nature
- Knowledge or experience of dashboarding tools, KPI, etc.
- Ability to effectively communicate with business partners, manage time and projects.
- Ability to evaluate results and provide insights
- Intermediate project management skills
- Intermediate ability to see tasks to completion
- Intermediate problem solving and decision-making skills
- Intermediate ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Developing knowledge of insurance products/concepts preferred
- General understanding of the business functions, processes, and overall business strategies
- General knowledge of the main features of the collection of data and the relationship of data
Travelers is an equal opportunity employer. We value the unique abilities and talents each individual brings to our organization and recognize that we benefit in numerous ways from our differences.
If you are a candidate and have specific questions regarding the physical requirements of this role, please send us an email so we may assist you.
Travelers reserves the right to fill this position at a level above or below the level included in this posting.
To learn more about our comprehensive benefit programs please visit http://careers.travelers.com/life-at-travelers/benefits/.