Willis Towers Watson
Retirement Service Center Project Leader
Posted on Oct 26 Memphis, TN 1 view
o you want to be part of a strategic team focused on innovation and excellence? Are you looking to develop your skills with opportunities for career growth? Do you want to be part of a diverse team where everyone is heard, respected, and valued? Look no further…WTW is the place for you!
In this exciting role as a Project Leader within the Retirement Service Center (also called Actuarial Service Center – ASC), you will apply your technical and project management skills in the areas of retirement plan valuations, design, compliance, and risk and financial management for all types of retirement plans including defined benefit, defined contribution and retiree medical. Given the size and complexity of our client portfolio, you will have the opportunity to support diverse projects that help organizations align their retirement programs to their company objectives.
In this role at WTW, you will:
- Develop and manage project plans and budgets involving multiple workflow streams
- Serve as day-to-day project lead, ensuring progress of the team against established objectives, budget, timeline, deliverables, and quality standards
- Serve as primary contact to our actuaries and consultants on delivery of projects
- Perform technical review of complex work products and communicate results to the internal team
- Identify opportunities to adopt standards, enhance quality and/or improve processes
- Serve as mentor and technical resource to junior colleagues
- Work with a variety of colleagues gaining exposure to different work styles
- Learn about WTW career paths to ensure you can progress within the company based on your own skills and interests
- Have robust learning and development opportunities including formal and on the job trainings and mentorship programs
We trust our colleagues to work in a variety of settings. This role can be remote, hybrid or onsite.
- 5+ years defined benefit pension experience performing core actuarial work
- Bachelor’s degree required, with heavy quantitative emphasis such as majors in mathematics, statistics or actuarial science
- In-depth understanding of the funding of and accounting for defined benefit plans. Additional knowledge of other postretirement benefits is preferred
- Strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Aptitude to balance and prioritize multiple projects in a fast-paced work environment
- Expert Microsoft Office skills, particularly in Excel
Willis Towers Watson may be subject to mandatory employment-related COVID-19 vaccination requirements. Therefore, to the extent any such mandates apply, you may be required to certify and provide documentation of full vaccination against COVID-19 if you are hired in the U.S. If you accept an offer from WTW and are subject to a mandate but are unable or unwilling to be vaccinated because of medical reasons or sincerely-held religious beliefs, you may request a medical or religious accommodation. If you require an accommodation, the Company will evaluate your request and work with you to identify reasonable alternatives to vaccination, if available.
Note: Employment-based non-immigrant visa sponsorship and/or assistance is offered for this specific job opportunity.