The Travelers Companies, Inc.
User Experience (UX) Specialist - Business Insurance
Posted on Oct 27 Hartford, CT 36 views
Taking care of our customers, our communities and each other. That’s the Travelers Promise. By honoring this commitment, we have maintained our reputation as one of the best property casualty insurers in the industry for over 160 years. Join us to discover a culture that is rooted in innovation and thrives on collaboration. Imagine loving what you do and where you do it.
Job Description Summary
Under moderate supervision, works in collaboration with UX colleagues. UX specialist partners with a collaborative, cross-functional team to research, design and usability test digital experiences.
Travelers offers a hybrid work location model that is designed to support flexibility
Primary Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Advocates for user-centered design approaches and ensures adherence to UX guidelines at the project level.
- Practices collaboration, experimentation, agility, and vigorous inquiry, while maintaining high standards and attention to detail.
- Implements and provides feedback on UX best practices and objectives.
- Serves as observer for, and may facilitate, UX research and testing efforts. Helps conduct competitive research and analysis. Translates research findings into design solutions.
- Creates artifacts that include personas, journey maps, user workflows, information architecture, wireframes, and interactive prototypes, within project timelines and budgets.
- Bachelor's degree in graphic design, psychology, human factors, social sciences or related field or 1 year of User Experience work experience required.
Education, Work Experience, & Knowledge
- Typical incumbent experience level 0-2 years (including prior internship experience).
Job Specific Technical Skills & Competencies
- Strong communication, organization, time management and interpersonal skills.
- Familiarity or basic understating of web-based technologies.
- Experience with wireframing / prototyping software preferred.
- Familiarity with conducting end user interviews.
Environmental / Work Schedules / Other
- Travel Requirements: Travel Occasionally
Travelers is an equal opportunity employer. We value the unique abilities and talents each individual brings to our organization and recognize that we benefit in numerous ways from our differences.
If you are a candidate and have specific questions regarding the physical requirements of this role, please send us an email so we may assist you.
Travelers reserves the right to fill this position at a level above or below the level included in this posting.
To learn more about our comprehensive benefit programs please visit http://careers.travelers.com/life-at-travelers/benefits/.