Director, Strategic/Digital Marketing & Communications -Allstate Benefits (Remote/Home-Based Worker)
Posted on Jan 10 Northbrook, IL 4 views
You’ll do all this in an environment of excellence and the highest ethical standards – a place where values such as integrity, inclusive diversity and accountability are paramount. We empower every employee to lead, drive change and give back where they work and live. Our people are our greatest strength, and we work as one team in service of our customers and communities. Plus, Allstate is changing how, when, and where we work-to lead us boldly into our future. We're empowering our employees to create better ways of working through more intentional use of communication and collaboration practices, processes and tools.
Everything we do at Allstate is driven by a shared purpose: to protect people from life’s uncertainties so they can realize their hopes and dreams. For more than 89 years we’ve thrived by staying a step ahead of whatever’s coming next – to give customers peace of mind no matter what changes they face. We acted with conviction to advocate for seat belts, air bags and graduated driving laws. We help give survivors of domestic violence a voice through financial empowerment. We’ve been an industry leader in pricing sophistication, telematics, digital photo claims and, more recently, device and identity protection. We are the Good Hands. We don’t follow the trends. We set them.
Job Family Summary
The Communications team at Allstate Benefits manages the planning, implementation and production of project work supporting the sales efforts of internal and external customers across three distribution channels.
The Director of Strategic/Digital Marketing and Communications initiates, drives and executes on communication and marketing strategies, and implements plans for the corporation, business units or external constituents as assigned. Their work impacts the internal and external marketing processes across multi-access channels and stakeholders.
• Coordinates and contributes to strategic decision-making on brand awareness and promotion, both internally and externally
• Creates, implements and measures internal/external communication plans
• Develops key messages to help drive engagement
• Builds and maintains relationships with key internal and external stakeholders
• Influence and persuade internal and external clients
• Initiate ideas and actions on cross-functional teams
• Present concepts and final work product to leadership
• Work with high level of independence on new or unfamiliar projects
• Serves as a liaison, maintaining balance between client interests and company interests
• Will lead and direct internal cross functional business teams through formal project plan and execution of marketing programs/plans
Compensation range for this position is $80,500 - $112,000 per year, based on experience and qualifications.
- 5 or more years of marketing, communications and/or public relations experience required
- Bachelor’s degree required; Communications/Public Relations concentration preferred
- Proven experience using Microsoft suite
- Insurance and/or financial services industry experience a plus
- Proven leadership in:
- Organization and project/program management skills
- Collaboration, negotiation and interpersonal skills
- Broad range of marketing & communications strategies, disciplines & medians
- Strategic and analytic skills
- Excellent communication skills (written & verbal), including presentation development and delivery skills
- Knowledge and application of the Associated Press Style Guide and Allstate Brand Voice
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary – but that’s just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you’ll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy. For a full description of Allstate’s benefits, visit allstate.jobs/benefits
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click “here” for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click “here” for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
To view the “EEO is the Law” poster click “here”. This poster provides information concerning the laws and procedures for filing complaints of violations of the laws with the Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs
To view the FMLA poster, click “here”. This poster summarizing the major provisions of the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) and telling employees how to file a complaint.
It is the Company’s policy to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs. Therefore, any discriminatory action taken on account of an employee’s ancestry, age, color, disability, genetic information, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual and reproductive health decision, marital status, medical condition, military or veteran status, national origin, race (include traits historically associated with race, including, but not limited to, hair texture and protective hairstyles), religion (including religious dress), sex, or sexual orientation that adversely affects an employee's terms or conditions of employment is prohibited. This policy applies to all aspects of the employment relationship, including, but not limited to, hiring, training, salary administration, promotion, job assignment, benefits, discipline, and separation of employment.