Willis Towers Watson
Retirement Implementation Specialist
Posted on Apr 21 Chicago, IL 5 views
Employment-based non-immigration visa sponsorship and/or assistance is not offered for this specific job opportunity.
Note: This job is available in multiple locations.
As a Retirement Implementation Specialist, you will:
- Ensure that defined benefit administration system implementations, upgrades, ongoing maintenance, etc. accurately reflect plan design
- Work with clients, pension administration team, and actuarial team to create system requirement documents and data mapping specifications for developers
- Create test plans and conduct quality assurance testing, including regression testing
- Train pension administration team and client on use of pension administration system
- Serve as ongoing system team resource for client and pension administration team
- Contribute to successful project management
- Participate in developing cost estimates and project plans for quality assurance testing and updates to system specifications
- Work with Project Manager to ensure progress of team against established goals; communicate status to Project Manager
- Manage client expectations and raise appropriate issues to project managers
- Attend client meetings, including leading the specification and user acceptance testing meetings
- Contribute to the development of new tools, processes and solutions to create efficiencies and meet clients’ needs
- Significant interaction and coordination with the client, members of the Actuarial and Admin teams, developers, and others.
- Bachelor's degree strongly preferred; High School diploma required
- Minimum of 5+ years of experience in pension administration required
- Strong background in defined benefit plans and functional knowledge of pension benefits administration processes and software delivery
- Significant knowledge of pension plan design and defined benefit rules and regulations, as well as associated technology solutions.
- Experience with pension administration systems, including interaction of data, software, administration outputs, and processes.
- Experience calculation testing and writing pension calculation specifications is required
- Collaborative style, able to build strong relationships within and across business lines
- Ability to take ownership of significant phases, work well under tight project deadlines, including strong time management and project organizational skills
- Strong listening and communication skills required, both verbal and written, including ability to interpret and document plan provisions
- Problem solving, project management, technology and communication skills required
- Experience in Microsoft Office products, including Excel and Word
- Ability to travel (post-Covid) and work extended hours as needed
Willis Towers Watson may be subject to mandatory employment-related COVID-19 vaccination requirements. Therefore, to the extent any such mandates apply, you may be required to certify and provide documentation of full vaccination against COVID-19 if you are hired in the U.S. If you accept an offer from WTW and are subject to a mandate but are unable or unwilling to be vaccinated because of medical reasons or sincerely-held religious beliefs, you may request a medical or religious accommodation. If you require an accommodation, the Company will evaluate your request and work with you to identify reasonable alternatives to vaccination, if available.
EOE, including disability/vets