Small Group Client Manager
Posted on May 13 Scottsdale, AZ 316 views
Benefit Commerce Group, an Alera Group Company is looking to add a Small Group Client Manager to their Employee Benefits team!
Benefit Commerce Group is committed to creating benefit plans and strategies that make life easier and better for HR teams and that provide the best cost-effective value for employers, employees, and families. We do this through collaboration—with our clients, our own experienced team, and with other Alera Group firms across the nation.
The Employee Benefits Small Group Client Manager performs a variety of account management activities related to the day-to-day administration of BCG’s Small Group Benefit plans. This position must demonstrate good judgment and be able to address all types of customer service issues with decisiveness. In addition, this position must have a good understanding of Small Group products and benefits, Self-Funded, Fully Insured and Level Funded concepts, ACA, COBRA, HIPAA laws and other State and Federal regulations.
- Receives or initiates communication to the employer groups, insurance carriers and other vendors regarding claims payment issues, eligibility/termination provisions, billing, contract inquiries and conformance with Plan Documents and legislation and general problem solving to provide quality service and efficient processing of information.
- Act as the liaison between all carriers and vendors to coordinate and implement changes, and new group business. Act as the point person in the same capacity for group and consultant. Assists consultant with renewals.
- Ability to interpret various contracts including excess loss contracts, administrative agreements, trusts documents, plan documents, certificates, and related documents with assistance from a senior level member of the Client Services team.
- Perform on-site enrollment meetings at the group as needed.
- Assist with details required to develop Plan Documents/Summary Plan Descriptions and/or amendments to Employee Benefit Plans at the request of group or based upon legislative changes.
- Performs all duties related to establishing the set-up of new groups and renewal of existing groups.
- Prepares and produces reports established or requested by groups
- Assist with audits when requested.
- Other Duties as assigned.
- Two to three years of group medical insurance experience involving functions related to plan administration or equivalent combination of education and insurance experience.
- Customer Service or Call Center experience
- Working knowledge of medical terminology, group medical insurance terminology, and regulatory requirements/restrictions.
- Experience with self-funded and/or fully insured small group plans.
- Ability to read and interpret contract documents and the ability to work with routine reports, billing statements and correspondence with assistance from a senior level member of the Client Services team.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills as well as strong organizational and customer service skills.
- PC and MS Office application skills along with mathematical aptitude.
- Bachelor’s degree in business or related field or the equivalent combination of education and experience
- License in Health and Life insurance
- ACA and CDHC certified within 6 months on the job.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand and walk. The employee is occasionally required to sit and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Normal office environment with controlled temperature. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Equal Opportunity Employment
We're an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.