The Travelers Companies, Inc.
Underwriting Associate Operations Account Specialist - Small Commercial
Posted on May 27 Centennial, CO 90 views
Taking care of our customers, our communities and each other. That’s the Travelers Promise. By honoring this commitment, we have maintained our reputation as one of the best property casualty insurers in the industry for over 160 years. Join us to discover a culture that is rooted in innovation and thrives on collaboration. Imagine loving what you do and where you do it.
The annual base salary range provided for this position is a nationwide market range and represents a broad range of salaries for this role across the country. The actual salary for this position will be determined by a number of factors, including the scope, complexity and location of the role; the skills, education, training, credentials and experience of the candidate; and other conditions of employment. As part of our comprehensive compensation and benefits program, employees are also eligible for performance-based cash incentive awards.
$41,800.00 - $68,900.00
What Is the Opportunity?
Travelers brings together people with different backgrounds and perspectives. We enable new ideas, innovation and a culture in which employees feel valued, respected, supported and empowered. Taking care of our customers, our communities and each other - that's the Travelers Promise. We seek innovative, solution-focused, and resourceful candidates with excellent communication skills. Join us on our journey to be the undeniable choice for the customer and an indispensable partner for our agents and brokers. Travelers is looking for an Associate Operations Account Specialist to collaborate with underwriting and other key business partners in order to secure and retain the best business for our portfolio. Be part of a fast-paced team, working to achieve business goals and objectives while receiving mentorship that will enable you to reach your full potential.
Travelers offers a hybrid work location model that is designed to support flexibility.
What Will You Do?
Your responsibilities include:
- Become proficient managing multi-state, multi-line accounts throughout the lifecycle which could include rating/pricing, quoting and issuing policies as well as handling related account activity
- Contribute to a positive workplace culture by building and maintaining strong working relationships with business partners and agents
- Gain a rich understanding of business processes by leveraging standardized workflows and state compliance guidelines
- Synthesize multiple sources of information to make sound decisions
- Exercise critical thinking and decision-making skills to become a trusted advisor solidifying customer confidence
- Make a difference to our customers by executing on service level commitments and delivering quality products in a timely manner
- Perform other duties as assigned.
What Will Our Ideal Candidate Have?
- Completion of higher education coursework
- Insurance Education/Designations (CPCU, CIC, etc.)
Accountability: Takes ownership and responsibility for actions and outcomes, performance and results.
Analytical Thinking and Judgment Decision Making: Identifies current or future problems or opportunities. Analyzes, synthesizes and compares information to understand issues. Identifies cause and effect relationships and explores alternative solutions to support sound decision making.
Embracing Change and Leading Transitions: Remains energized and focused in the face of ambiguity, change or strenuous demands. Demonstrates change leadership by influencing and advocating for change. Maximizes the benefits of Product and Platform investments through utilization of best practices.
Communication: Demonstrates effective verbal, written, and listening communication skills.
Relationship Management: Provides service excellence to internal and external partners, delivering an experience that exceeds the customer expectations.
Teamwork: Collaboration in situations when actions are interdependent, and a team is mutually responsible to produce desired results.
Diversity and Inclusion: Values different backgrounds, experiences, cultures, races, etc. and views those differences as assets to be leveraged to accomplish business goals and objectives. Embraces diversity of thought that will promote a more inclusive work environment.
Valuing and Developing Talent: Continuously develops skills and competencies that will better enable you and Enterprise Operations to reach business goals.
Customer Focus: Provides service excellence to internal or external clients
Time Management: Ability to prioritize, highly organized, able to multi-task in order to meet deadlines.
What is a Must Have?
- High School Diploma
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Suite applications (Word, Excel, etc.)
What Is in It for You?
- Health Insurance: Employees and their eligible family members – including spouses, domestic partners, and children – are eligible for coverage from the first day of employment.
- Retirement: Travelers matches your 401(k) contributions dollar-for-dollar up to your first 5% of eligible pay, subject to an annual maximum. If you have student loan debt, you can enroll in the Paying it Forward Savings Program. When you make a payment toward your student loan, Travelers will make an annual contribution into your 401(k) account. You are also eligible for a Pension Plan that is 100% funded by Travelers.
- Paid Time Off: Start your career at Travelers with a minimum of 20 days Paid Time Off annually, plus nine paid company Holidays.
- Wellness Program: The Travelers wellness program is comprised of tools and resources that empower you to achieve your wellness goals. In addition, our Life Balance program provides access to professional counseling services, life coaching and other resources to support your daily life needs. Through Life Balance, you’re eligible for five free counseling sessions with a licensed therapist.
- Volunteer Encouragement: We have a deep commitment to the communities we serve and encourage our employees to get involved. Travelers has a Matching Gift and Volunteer Rewards program that enables you to give back to the charity of your choice.
Travelers is an equal opportunity employer. We value the unique abilities and talents each individual brings to our organization and recognize that we benefit in numerous ways from our differences.
If you are a candidate and have specific questions regarding the physical requirements of this role, please send us an email so we may assist you.
Travelers reserves the right to fill this position at a level above or below the level included in this posting.
To learn more about our comprehensive benefit programs please visit http://careers.travelers.com/life-at-travelers/benefits/.