Director, Corporate Strategy
Posted on Jun 22 Remote, Remo 1 view
You’ll do all this in an environment of excellence and the highest ethical standards – a place where values such as integrity, inclusive diversity and accountability are paramount. We empower every employee to lead, drive change and give back where they work and live. Our people are our greatest strength, and we work as one team in service of our customers and communities.
Everything we do at Allstate is driven by a shared purpose: to protect people from life’s uncertainties so they can realize their hopes and dreams. For 89 years we’ve thrived by staying a step ahead of whatever’s coming next – to give customers peace of mind no matter what changes they face. We acted with conviction to advocate for seat belts, air bags and graduated driving laws. We help give survivors of domestic violence a voice through financial empowerment. We’ve been an industry leader in pricing sophistication, telematics, digital photo claims and, more recently, device and identity protection. We are the Good Hands. We don’t follow the trends. We set them.
This role leads and directs the strategic design, planning, and implementation of programs and processes, providing related industry expertise. Connects with other AORs to align on priorities to increase effectiveness within our organization. Provides expert consulting and support across the enterprise for specific initiatives.
- Formulates and/or contributes to Allstate strategies, anticipating stakeholder needs aligned with business goals and priorities
- Leverages analytics to support decision making on strategic direction and alignment with business priorities
- Sets strategic and operational parameters for collaborative efforts/teams with and across functional boundaries
- Takes an integrated approach to ensure initiatives align to the Company determined growth and profit goals
- Demonstrates strong business knowledge, leadership, and general management skills
- Drives results through the development of effective relationships
- Provides support in removing or overcoming barriers to cooperative efforts with teams across functions
- Presents business cases and influences others to take recommended actions
- Provides expense recommendations to align with current and future expense plans
- Gains alignment and support on initiatives from leadership
- Interprets Allstate’s strategic vision into team priorities and objectives
- Prioritizes and aligns existing and new initiatives to support changing business tactics
- Sponsors and/or provides stewardship on initiatives
- Actively seeks to connect resources across departments to share expertise when appropriate
- Aligns and enables leadership efforts for continuous improvements
- Leads and supports governance process
- Bachelor’s degree required, MBA preferred
- 12 years’ experience
- 5+ years’ leadership experience
- Extensive knowledge of the industry
- Servant Leadership skills necessary to lead team members in alignment with organizational goals
- Strong communication skills including written and oral
- Possesses advanced working knowledge of processes, policies, and procedures relevant to the industry
- Responsible for compliance with current industry standards/environment that impact decisions and indicates requirements
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary – but that’s just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you’ll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.