The Travelers Companies, Inc.
Premium Auditor - (Middlesex, MA / Essex, MA)
Posted on Jun 24 Hudson, MA 233 views
Taking care of our customers, our communities and each other. That’s the Travelers Promise. By honoring this commitment, we have maintained our reputation as one of the best property casualty insurers in the industry for over 160 years. Join us to discover a culture that is rooted in innovation and thrives on collaboration. Imagine loving what you do and where you do it.
The annual base salary range provided for this position is a nationwide market range and represents a broad range of salaries for this role across the country. The actual salary for this position will be determined by a number of factors, including the scope, complexity and location of the role; the skills, education, training, credentials and experience of the candidate; and other conditions of employment. As part of our comprehensive compensation and benefits program, employees are also eligible for performance-based cash incentive awards.
$65,200.00 - $107,600.00
What Is the Opportunity?
Under general supervision, is responsible for performing audits on Property/Casualty Commercial Lines adjustable policies to establish appropriate classifications, exposures and basis of premium. Responsible for developing premium exposures in accordance with company, industry and government rules and regulations. Audits may be conducted both in person as well as virtually. As part of the hiring process, this position requires the completion of an online pre-employment assessment. Further information regarding the assessment including an accommodation process, if needed, will be provided at such time as your candidacy is deemed appropriate for further consideration.
This position is based 100% remotely and may include a combination of mobile work and/or work from your primary residence.
What Will You Do?
- Conducts audit of selected Commercial Lines adjustable policies by reviewing the insured's business operation, including examining, verifying and recording pertinent classification-related data from financial/business records.
- Determine and/or develop premium basis and classification.
- Conducts both physical and virtual audits to optimize timeliness and productivity.
- Discuss issues and problems with the insured to ensure understanding of the change in premium exposures and to maintain good customer relations.
- Develops successful relationships with insureds, agents, marketing and other internal staff by utilizing excellent communication skills.
- Ensure quality of the audit through proper risk classification and exposure basis information.
- Utilize laptop computer to record audit information and transmit completed audits in a timely manner.
- Provide external customers (i.e., agents and insureds) and internal customers (i.e., underwriting, policy processing, claims and accounting) with information to assist in their understanding of audit-related matters, including audit vouchers, procedures and worksheets.
- Remain informed of changes and current information relative to premium auditing through discussion and correspondence with experts and industry-related literature. Acts as expert resource on audit matters for all internal and external customers.
- May represent the company in routine court appearances.
- May provide guidance to less experienced auditors or train new auditors as necessary.
- Responsible to alert the Special Investigative Unit (SIU) of potential fraud situations.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
What Will Our Ideal Candidate Have?
- College degree in Accounting, Business Administration, or related field preferred.
- Three to seven years of Premium Audit experience preferred.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Strong customer orientation.
- Fully competent level technical expertise with audit systems and other policy information systems preferred.
- Strong organizational, analytic and verbal/written communication skills preferred.
- Proficient in MS Excel.
- Completion of APA 91 & 92 will be required for Sr. Premium Auditor
What is a Must Have?
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- Valid driver’s license and a good driving record required.
- One year of Premium Audit experience required.
What Is in It for You?
- Health Insurance: Employees and their eligible family members – including spouses, domestic partners, and children – are eligible for coverage from the first day of employment.
- Retirement: Travelers matches your 401(k) contributions dollar-for-dollar up to your first 5% of eligible pay, subject to an annual maximum. If you have student loan debt, you can enroll in the Paying it Forward Savings Program. When you make a payment toward your student loan, Travelers will make an annual contribution into your 401(k) account. You are also eligible for a Pension Plan that is 100% funded by Travelers.
- Paid Time Off: Start your career at Travelers with a minimum of 20 days Paid Time Off annually, plus nine paid company Holidays.
- Wellness Program: The Travelers wellness program is comprised of tools and resources that empower you to achieve your wellness goals. In addition, our Life Balance program provides access to professional counseling services, life coaching and other resources to support your daily life needs. Through Life Balance, you’re eligible for five free counseling sessions with a licensed therapist.
- Volunteer Encouragement: We have a deep commitment to the communities we serve and encourage our employees to get involved. Travelers has a Matching Gift and Volunteer Rewards program that enables you to give back to the charity of your choice.
Travelers is an equal opportunity employer. We value the unique abilities and talents each individual brings to our organization and recognize that we benefit in numerous ways from our differences.
If you are a candidate and have specific questions regarding the physical requirements of this role, please send us an email so we may assist you.
Travelers reserves the right to fill this position at a level above or below the level included in this posting.
To learn more about our comprehensive benefit programs please visit http://careers.travelers.com/life-at-travelers/benefits/.