Willis Towers Watson
Posted on Jul 22 Denver, CO 3 views
Health Benefit Plan Advocates are passionate about developing strong, positive client relationships and ensuring customer satisfaction. The Benefit plan team takes pride in their thorough knowledge of information, quick problem-solving skills, and ability to take on new challenges every day. The benefit advocate must have an aptitude for working in a team to resolve issues in a fast-paced environment. In this position, you will experience professional development through improving your technical and interpersonal skills while meeting the needs of clients. This position often requires the handling of sensitive information with professionalism and integrity. Our supportive, team-oriented approach will motivate you to do your best while also helping others. Benefit Advocates also have the option to obtain their life & health licenses and travel to clients within the state of Colorado to service clients, run enrollment meetings and give presentations on benefits.
Note that our working hours are: Monday-Thursday 7:30am-4:30pm; Friday 7:30am-4:00pm.
Note: Employment-based non-immigrant visa sponsorship and/or assistance is not offered for this specific job opportunity.
- Handle calls and inquiries from participants regarding benefits and claim status
- Develop a strong understanding of various health plan designs and details
- Work cooperatively with other team members to complete tasks and resolve conflicts
- Handle complaints and troubleshoot problems professionally to ensure effective resolution
- Participate in trainings and team meetings to increase and improve existing skills and knowledge
- Maintain complete and accurate documentation of your work and stay cognizant of HIPAA rules and regulations while handling protected health information
- Quickly learn and efficiently use the required software, reports, tools, and metrics to ensure quality output / service delivery
- Support the development of client documents including claim audits, presentations, and case documentation
- Participate in team meetings and proactively support the capturing and completion of next steps and action items
- Share the client’s vision of always going the extra mile to engage with members and ensure satisfaction
- Prior client service experience helpful but not required; some knowledge of employee benefits and health plan design is desired
- Possess excellent listening, verbal, and written communication skills
- Conflict resolution, case management, and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work and think independently as well as part of a team
- Good time management skills
- Detail-oriented, customer focused and target driven
- Ability to multitask and utilize available resources to solve problems
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications (Outlook, Word, Power Point, Excel) and ability to quickly learn and navigate new applications is desired
- High School Diploma required; Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) a plus
Compensation and Benefits
Compensation and benefits information for this position is being included in accordance with requirements of the Colorado Equal Pay for Equal Work Act. Please note that the salary range listed relate specifically to roles located in Colorado and that salary ranges for similar positions located in other WTW locations may vary. In addition, salaries may vary for different individuals in the same role based on several factors, including but not limited to individual competencies, education/professional certifications, experience and performance in the role.
The annualized salary range being offered for this role is $42,000-$45,000. This role is also eligible for an annual discretionary bonus.
WTW provides a competitive benefit package which includes the following (eligibility requirements apply):
- Health and Welfare Benefits: Medical (including prescription coverage), Dental, Vision, Health Savings Account, Commuter Account, Health Care and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts, Group Accident, Group Critical Illness, Life Insurance, AD&D, Group Legal, Identify Theft Protection, Wellbeing Program and Work/Life Resources (including Employee Assistance Program)
- Leave Benefits: Paid Holidays, Annual Paid Time Off (includes paid state /local paid leave where required), Short-Term Disability, Long-Term Disability, Other Leaves (e.g., Bereavement, FMLA, ADA, Jury Duty, Military Leave, and Parental and Adoption Leave)
- Retirement Benefits: Contributory Pension Plan and Savings Plan (401k). Certain senior level roles may also be eligible for non-qualified Deferred Compensation and Deferred Savings Plans.
WTW may be subject to employment-related COVID-19 vaccination mandates from time to time in certain jurisdictions that may require certifying and providing documentation of vaccination against COVID-19 to work in a WTW office.
EEO, including disability/vets